[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Black Diamond Racing Pyramid Cones

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:32 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Black Diamond Racing Pyramid Cones

Black Diamond Racing Pyramid Cones

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by David_S » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:53 pm

On 2011-08-26 13:37, sonyeslover wrote:
I was looking at Vibrapods for the feet and SoundCoat for the lining. I need something very thin so that if fits on the sides of the case, not more than 2mm. The treatment should run a total of $50, which is not too bad. I think I will place an order this weekend and get the project finished by next weekend.

I have been using SoundCoat for a while now.  It is very effective at damping vibrations of metal chassis & top cover panels.

Top cover of GX10ES with SoundCoat added.

SoundCoat comes in 6" x 12" sheets & is easy to cut down to smaller sizes.

TA- N77ES, E77ES, E80ES, E9000ES
STR- GX10ES, DA4ES, DA5700ES
DVP- NS999ES
HAP-S1, MDS-JA20ES, ST-S730ES
RM- AX4000, AX1400
APM-55W, APM-33W
David_S
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by sonyeslover » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Thats exactly what I want to do. I saw a pack of 4 sheets for about $25. I think I will get them. Thanks for posting! 
sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by David_S » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:59 am

On 2011-08-27 03:32, sonyeslover wrote:
Thats exactly what I want to do. I saw a pack of 4 sheets for about $25. I think I will get them. Thanks for posting!  

The price you quoted looks like it is from partsconnexion.  They are a good company to deal with.  I buy my SoundCoat & many other items from them.  They are in Burlington Ontario, but their prices are in US dollars.

TA- N77ES, E77ES, E80ES, E9000ES
STR- GX10ES, DA4ES, DA5700ES
DVP- NS999ES
HAP-S1, MDS-JA20ES, ST-S730ES
RM- AX4000, AX1400
APM-55W, APM-33W
David_S
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by sonyeslover » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:33 am

Yes that is where I get all my high end parts. I have an order right now for caps and connectors on the way, but I will place another order for the damping...
sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by mykyll2727 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:44 am

I too have made several purchases from the parts connexion and I highly recommend them as well. I've tried Vibrapods and never cared for them myself but your results may differ. If you use Vibrapods care must be given as they will mark furniture so place wax paper between them and the furniture. The parts connexion offers an alternative that is cheaper and I like much better. They are EAR feet and I use them under several of my components. Wyred4sound uses them as the feet on all of their products and the parts connexion features them in their mod packages. At $.75 for the small and $3.50 for the large I think they're well worth a try._mykl

mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by sonyeslover » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:14 am

On 2011-08-27 14:44, mykyll2727 wrote:
I too have made several purchases from the parts connexion and I highly recommend them as well. I've tried Vibrapods and never cared for them myself but your results may differ. If you use Vibrapods care must be given as they will mark furniture so place wax paper between them and the furniture. The parts connexion offers an alternative that is cheaper and I like much better. They are EAR feet and I use them under several of my components. Wyred4sound uses them as the feet on all of their products and the parts connexion features them in their mod packages. At $.75 for the small and $3.50 for the large I think they're well worth a try._mykl

I'm not set on the Vibrapods yet, I will take a look at those options you mention as well. Thanks for the tips.

sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:20 pm

In the quest to find the optimal Resonance Tuning for each piece of my Audio equipment I have experimented with model #2, #3, #4 and #5 Vibrapods to decouple everything from very light Digital processors to Receivers and Power Amps and I never found a situation where Viscous Decoupling with Sorbothane or the excellent Rigid Coupling of carbon fiber BDR Cones did not provide a far superior sounding solution to that of Vibrapods.

The ConneX LIHUA Wood Isolation Feet could also be used as yet another alternative to offer a unique Resonance Tuning profile for Audio equipment.

I tried Sorbthane as well as a number of different kinds Rigid Coupling feet under my Preamp with mediocre results, but by far the most highly effective Resonance Tuning solution I found involved a Townshend Seismic Sink which uses an air bladder for Decoupling and is Rigidly Coupled to the shelf with BDR Cones.

Resonance Tuning has fundamentally improved the sound quality and performance of all of my Audio equipment and I have learned to keep a supply of Resonance Tuning tools available so that I can experiment with fine Tuning the resonance profile of new equipment that I get. I recently found that mass loading my V-Link USB-S/PDIF Converter contributed to improving its sound quality and fortunately I had some spare Sorbothane feet to use to Decouple it with and that improved the sound quality of the V-Link even more bringing an even tighter and more cohesive sound to the harmonic structure of the Music.

I'm not recommending any specific Resonance Tuning solutions I'm just saying that experimenting to find the optimal Resonance Tuning solution for each individual piece of Audio equipment can yield excellent results which far exceed the original sound quality of the equipment before Resonance Tuning.

~Maxx~

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:00 pm

After experimenting with the Mass Loading of a 1-1/2 pound lead weight which helped bring focus to the sound of my new V-Link which sounded dissapointingly diffused without any Resonance Tuning. I then tried decoupling it with a pair of Audioquest Sorbothane Pucks with better sonic results than with the Mass Loading, but just recently applied a set of 3 BDR Cones to the 4.6 Mbps V-Link and it brought a much more focused and detailed sound to this high resolution Digital processor than either of the previous 2 Resonance Tuning methodologies.

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri May 25, 2012 2:26 pm

Mass Loading the BDR Cone Rigidly Coupled V-Link by placing a V-DAC which is intended for use with my Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier on top of it has radically increased the sound quality of the V-Link.  

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The OCCC Furu-Charged Sony DB 930

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:03 am

The other day I was reorganizing the Digital Audio equipment on my desktop which required removing the V-Link from the BDR Cones and placing it directly on the desktop. As soon as I began listening to the 24/96 V-Link without the beneficial Resonance Tuning of the Carbon Fiber BDR Cones I immediately noticed that the Music had lost the pace, rhythm and timing that it once had along with the incredible attention to detail that the V-Link immediately regained once it was returned to being rigidly coupled to the desktop with its original set of BDR Mk3 Cones.

I've been using BDR Cones for Resonance Tuning since 2006 and I currently have 8 sets of them throughout my Audio System where each set is making a very positive contribution to Resonance Tune the equipment and allowing it to sound more transparent. That said, I have found the V-Link to be more sensitive to the positive effects of Resonance Tuning than any of the other Audio equipment I am currently using.

Sony H-9 MaxxPix  

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

The OCCC Furu-Charged Sony DB 930

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater