[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Black Diamond Racing Pyramid Cones

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:20 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Black Diamond Racing Pyramid Cones

Black Diamond Racing Pyramid Cones

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Another advantage to shopping locally is that you may be able to get a few sets of BDR Cones on spec to see which version works best in each application and how many sets you actually need like I have been fortunate enough to do here.

BDR Cones have the potential to work well with so many different types of Audio and Video equipment and speakers that even if you are unable get BDR Cones on Spec the purchase of a set or two will most assuredly find a place somewhere in your A/V System were they will do the kind of job that has earned them their good reputation.

When I got my first 2 sets of BDR Cones I had no idea how many different uses I would find for these Carbon Fiber Cones.

Over the next 18 months of trial and error I eventually ended up with 8 sets of BDR Cones stratigically placed throughout my Audio System as an integral part of its highly effective system of Resonance Tuning.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon May 03, 2010 5:53 pm

The highly effective BDR Cones can sometimes be found at a discount due to very minor cosmetic flaws.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:20 pm

The Black Diamond Pyramid Racing Coned Mark 3 variety have had an essential part in Resonance Tuning my Audio System.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

... The Sony DB 930 Legend Continues

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:24 am

I use a wide variety BDR's products throughout my system. They have been a godsend. Their use has elevated it's sound far beyond what it's stock sound would be._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:00 pm

Some of the greatest sonic improvements that my Audio equipment especially the speakers ever experienced were from rigidly coupling them with Carbon Fiber BDR Cones.

~Maxx~

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Here's a close up of the DB 930 using a set of BDR Mk 3 Carbon Fiber Cones as rigid coupling on its Salamander Audio equipment rack and it couldn't sound as good as it does without them!

~Maxx~

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by sonyeslover » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:58 am

I am going to have to look into these cones and damping devices, I never gave isolation much thought, but it was always in the back of my mind...I would like to dampen the top cover of my V444ES receiver as well, any ideas?

sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:49 am

sonyeslover- There are as many applications for Resonance Tuning as you have time to implement. I have either Rigid Coupling or Decoupling for every piece of equipment in my Audio System including the Line Conditioner starting with the electrical outlet. For someone with finely built Audio equipment like you it should be easy be able to hear what forms of Rigid Coupling or Dacoupling best suit the circuitry just as you would know which capacitor upgrades were the most effective. I have heard that some of the sonic benefits derived from cap upgrades are due to an improved resonance profile.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:39 am

sonyeslover_For chassis damping there are many options out there. The one I'm most fond of and use in every component is DynaMat Extreme. Member rb introduced me to it years ago. It's relatively inexpensive compared to other "audiophile" similars. It's mostly used for automotive audio applications for vibration damping. It's simply aluminum foil with a thick adhesive backing and is easily trimmed to size. A little goes a long way so my suggestions are not to overdo it and don't block ventilation holes. Another way to dampen the cover is to place a weight on top of it. BDR also said that placing their cones and or pucks on top of a component could improve it's SQ._mykl

mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by sonyeslover » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:37 am

I was looking at Vibrapods for the feet and SoundCoat for the lining. I need something very thin so that if fits on the sides of the case, not more than 2mm. The treatment should run a total of $50, which is not too bad. I think I will place an order this weekend and get the project finished by next weekend.
sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater