[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Black Diamond Racing Pyramid Cones

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:27 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Black Diamond Racing Pyramid Cones

Black Diamond Racing Pyramid Cones

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by dahrich » Sun May 14, 2006 10:36 pm

Maxx:
That's a very interesting story.

I have been thinking in terms of individual pieces of gear and not the synergy of the system.

My hunt begins anew!

Regards,
Richard
dahrich
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Mon May 15, 2006 10:57 am

On 2006-05-15 02:36, dahrich wrote:I have been thinking in terms of individual pieces of gear and not the synergy of the system.
My hunt begins anew!

I have already experienced the extraordinary improvements that Resonance Tuning can make. My only regret is that it took me 6 long years to figure out how to get this far. Four years of that was not realizing how interdependant the different pieces of Audio equipment were in terms of Resonance Tuning.

My hope is to now be able to somehow help you and others if possible to shorten the time frame that it takes to be able to enjoy the full benefits of Resonance Tuning because they are truly spectacular when uniformly applied throught the Audio system.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:47 am

It was just 1 year ago today that I started this Thread about the great success I had Resonance Tuning my Speakers by adding BDR Cone Rigid Coupling to the Speakers which were previously Gravity Coupled to a Sorbothane Decoupled Granite Energy Sink.

This improvement built upon the Preamp's Rigid Coupling/Decoupling/Rigid Couping combination that I had done earlier in the month.

What I didn't realize then was that these Resonance Tuning Upgrades had laid the foundation for the flourishing of all the Preamp Mods, Power Amp Mods, and AC Power Delivery Upgrades that I made over the rest of the year.

The great success of these equipment and AC Power Mods that were done owe a great deal to the these highly successful Resonance Tuning Upgrades of 1 year ago along with all of the other Resonance Tuning Upgrades that were done over the last 7 years throught the Audio System.

It may be that the most recent Upgrades are the most dynamic and meaningful, but in reality they are just the most current extension of all the highly successful Upgrades that came before them.

"Always remember what got you there!"

~Maxx~

A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

ºCLICK ON PIC FOR PiPº

…Masterful Setup is Also the Key to Amazing Audio Performance…

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:16 am

Just a reminder that the amazingly effective Black Diamond Racing Pyramid Cones are avaiable at Jeff's Sound Values for $16 each which is 20% less than MSRP.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:21 pm

I believe Jeff's Sound Values is OOB(out of business). The latest update to their website was in Oct. of 07. They used to update their new arrivals every two weeks or so. I tried to contact them back in Dec. and the listed number had been changed and the new number was a mailbox that was full. On a more recent call the listed number was still changed and the new number was now "unreachable"._Mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by jttar » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:45 pm

Mike,

I believe you to be correct. I tried contacting Jeff's last week and got the same thing you did. I just figured that you had wiped out their entire stock and Jeff retired a rich man.

I did find another source HERE but the #3 and #4's BDR cones are $19.95(US) a piece, not quite the bargin we once got at Jeff's.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:10 pm

Joe- Thanks for such a quick and positive response in finding an alternate source for BDR Cones.

Sources may come and go and prices fluctuate continually, but the ability of these Carbon Fiber Cones to be an effective tool in Resonance Tuning an Audio System always remains constant.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by dahrich » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:59 am

Hello:
I haven't bought from these people but here is another BDRC source at $18.00 each:
http://www.audioconnect.com/html/black_diamond_racing.html   

I'm not sure how shipping costs compare.

And, BDRC do come up on eBay and Audiogon every once in a while.

Richard
dahrich
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:46 pm

Richard- Thank you for yet another positive contribution of a source for the amazing BDR Cones.

Although I made the original recommendation of an online source for BDR Cones here back in 2005 for the Membership's convenience shortly after my first positive experience using them in Resonance Tuning my Preamp and Power Amp in August of that year I personally have not purchased any of my 8 sets of BDR Cones online.

I have found that the absolute best prices for BDR Cones are not online, but at a brick and mortar Audio Shops.

While the BDR Cones are worth every penny at their full retail price of 3/$60 like anyone else I'll gladly pay less.

If I find myself having a rush need for BDR Cones I usually end up paying only 25% off retail at 3/$45, but by taking my time crusing the local Audio Shops I have been able to buy 2 sets of BDR Cones at 3/$35 and the last 2 sets I bought were used and only cost 3/$25!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:35 pm

On 2008-02-10 22:45, jttar wrote:
Mike,

I believe you to be correct. I tried contacting Jeff's last week and got the same thing you did. I just figured that you had wiped out their entire stock and Jeff retired a rich man.

I did find another source <FONT size=3>HERE</FONT> but the #3 and #4's BDR cones are $19.95(US) a piece, not quite the bargin we once got at Jeff's.

Joe

Joe_The last time I got some BDR stuff I got it online from Music Direct. They had some things used in a photo shoot that were quite reasonable (considering). Their standard prices are in line with your find._Mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater