[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Audio Airware

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:08 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Audio Airware

Audio Airware

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Fri May 19, 2006 11:00 am

The other day I was thinking back on my latest Resonance Tuning upgrades and it occured to me that before I finally found some success at Resonance Tuning the very expensive Audio equipment that I hear down at the Audio shop which I use as a Reference because it is my only easily accessable source of high quality sound all sounded much better than what I had at home.

The first round of Resonance Tuning in the summer of 2004 brought my Audio system up to the sound quality level of the High End equipment in the Audio shop and the addition of my CJ Power Amp and 3 wiring upgrades put me over the top in sound quality for the very first time.

These last few Resonance Tuning upgrades which cost me $185 to implement have now improved the sound of this exact same set equipment and wiring to levels far exceeding what the far more expensive Audio equipment can achieve with the set up it has.

I'm not trying to say that my Audio system is all that great I'm just trying to point out that Resonance Tuning has been responsable for these dramatic sonic improvements without any equipment or wiring upgrades while the Resonsonce Tuning was being applied.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:06 am

Its been 3 months now since I Pneumatically Decoupled the Preamp and I can still hear the effects of this upgrade in the sound quality of the Audio system as I listen to the Power Amp Mod that was done 2½ weeks ago break in.

Its easy to tell when listening that each of these upgrades has brought its own distinct set of sonic improvements to the overall sound quality of the Audio system that endure and serve to enhance the upgrades and Modifications that follow in their own unique way.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:24 pm

Last week while I was doing my regular electrical contact maintanance using Killer Contact Cleaner and Pro Gold Contact Enhancer I took the opportunity to take a picture of the Townshend Seismic Sink Pneumatic Decoupler as it sits below the Preamp with a set of #3 BDR Carbon Fiber Cones Coupling the two pieces.

Its been almost 2 years now since I installed the Seismic Sink and I created this Thread to share the good news of the amazing sonic benefits that combining both Rigid Coupling and Pneumatic Decoupling can have.

The Townshend Seismic Sink is the stand alone version of the original Audio Equipment pneumatic decoupling device that was created by Austrailian Max Townshend for his supurb $4,800 Rock Reference Turntable. There are many very crucial areas of Audio Technology which the Austrailians have pioneered and this is but one of them.

I've certainly gotten every penny and more of value in terms of radically² improved sound quality from the $90 I spent on my Townshend Seismic Sink even in the short time I've had it.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:20 pm

This picture shows how the air bladder inside the Townshend Seismic Sink is inflated to provide pheumatic decoupling.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

... The Sony DB 930 Legend Continues

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Lately I've been contemplating using the Townsend Seismic Sink to Pneumatically Decouple my Sony DB 930 Receiver after its recent 7 months of AC Power Delivery Network upgrades have more fully broken in.

~Maxx~

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Previous

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater