[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Audio Airware

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:18 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Audio Airware

Audio Airware

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:14 am

Failure is a relative concept. The pneumatic decoupling of the Power Amp was only judged a failure because it was a slightly inferior application to the one I am currently using.

If I had tried using pneumatic decouping with the inner tube on the Power Amp 2 years ago I would have judged it a resounding success because it would have worked much better than the Resonance Modification I was using at the time.

Its not that the inner tube didn't work well because it actually worked extremely well just not quite as well as the rigid coupling that is currently in place.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Tue May 02, 2006 10:36 pm

Has anyone else here ever tried using a small inner tube for the pneumatic decoupling of Audio equipment?

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by RickeyM » Wed May 03, 2006 6:54 pm

I have one under my CDP but I have tried an A/B test to see if there's a difference. I want to add a piece of wood of some sort attached to the bottom plate for some added rigidty and mass too.
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Wed May 03, 2006 10:37 pm

High mass, rigdity and dampening are the qualities you would be looking for in a platform to go between your CD Player and the pneumatic decoupler.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by RickeyM » Thu May 04, 2006 9:07 pm

What would work better in the inner tube, er, bladder, high pressure or low?
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Thu May 04, 2006 11:28 pm

RickeyM- The most common advice I have read is not to over inflate.

You might start with just enough pressure in the PDD (Pneumatic Decoupling Device) to adequately support the CDP and incrementaly add air until you feel that you are getting the best response.

What type of rigid high mass platform did you put under the CDP and how is it coupled to it?

I will be very interested in hearing about the results you get.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by RickeyM » Sat May 06, 2006 8:27 pm

What type of rigid high mass platform did you put under the CDP and how is it coupled to it?

I will be very interested in hearing about the results you get.

~Maxx~

...Still working on that. Been kinda busy with my MMG mods (including external x-o boxes), experimental room treatments, asst home projects, PC desk project, etc.

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by RickeyM » Sat May 06, 2006 8:30 pm

Really, really busy with the desk....

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Sun May 07, 2006 10:32 pm

RickeM- That's one nice finish you put on that wood! What kind of wood is it and what did you use for a topcoat?

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by RickeyM » Mon May 08, 2006 5:28 am

Thanks for the compliment on the finish. The wood is simply a cut down 2'x4' quarter-inch "Handy-Panel" from Home Depot, glued onto a piece of MDF. I picked the Handy-Panel because veneer is expensive and if I botched this, I was only out a $4 piece of plywood.
The base is Minwax Polyshades Classic Oak (four coats) and Minwax polyurethane on top (three coats so far).  Yesterday I got the top sanded down smooth and ready for a couple of finish coats.
I read about wet sanding the final coat with #400 grit and Lemon oil or Mineral oil. Any other suggestions? This is my first "fine finish" project .

Back to that CDP, I'm thinking of adding a layer of Dynamat type material on the bottom. Then experimenting with some wood shelving or MDF fastened to the bottom.
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater