[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Ferrite Core Cord Noise Suppressor on AC cables.

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:04 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Ferrite Core Cord Noise Suppressor on AC cables.

Ferrite Core Cord Noise Suppressor on AC cables.

This forum is where you can give tips or talk about building your own stuff

Moderator: jttar

by mykyll2727 » Sat May 13, 2006 2:52 pm

On 2006-05-13 13:23, retate wrote:
I will be ordering some PS Audio Noise Harvesters shortly, and I once I have some experience with them I try to post some observations.  I currently have some of their other products deployed which I am very satisfied with which makes me willing to give their latest product a try.

Bob

Bob_I for one will be greatly interested in your observations. I've heard excellent things about PS Audio's stuff and that's why there's alot of interest in the Harvesters for me._MMMike
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by retate » Sat May 13, 2006 8:28 pm

I currently have five of the PSAudio xStream Plus power cords deployed which have the ferrite impregnated jacket.  The Plus is the middle grade power cord, and I have had very good results with them.  My experience is that they out perform the previous generation of PSAudio power cords.  They also outperform various other power cords such as Belden shielded, and a couple that I built using high quality components.  I have not compared them with other vendors preemium power cords in my system so I can't provide any insight from that perspective. 

PSAudio a few weeks ago announced a new version of their power cords with an SC suffix on the name, and I am considering giving those a try as well.

Bob
retate
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Sat May 13, 2006 9:47 pm

Bob- I've heard a lot of good things about PS Audio power cords. I even ran into one fellow who had 9 of them serving his entire system and was very fanatic about the benefits of using a full complment of PS Audio power cords.

Although I haven't met Stan Warren yet he lives down in Eugene about 100 miles away and since I see his wiring on occasion I figure its only a matter of time until he shows up in the Audio shop.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Tue May 30, 2006 10:02 am

Maxx_One of the things I find fascinating about our hobby is how greatly experts can differ in their assessments on certain audio technologies. Ferrite is just one of them. Cable design is the one that I find most interesting. The thing that I find so strange is despite very different designs and philosophies many of them produce excellent products. Yet in many instances one designer/maker claims that the other is not only inferior but actually bad. But they both work great. Go figure. We as users are left with the time consuming and oftimes expensive process of trial and error. Too bad there isn't a single right/best design. As you've pointed out even our own personal DIY designs/techniques may work great for us but prove unsatisfactory for someone else. One of the things I most respect about us is we don't claim to have the answer._MMMike
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Tue May 30, 2006 10:46 am

MMMike- You're right about that. All of the answers at this level are very specific to the individual Audio system and the tastes of the operator.

These people who think they have a lock on the absolute best piece of equipment or wiring may have found their own slice of Audio Nirvana, but at the same time that same piece of equipment or wiring may prove to be an underperformer in someone else's Audio system.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Tue May 30, 2006 11:33 am

Maxx_One of the things that gets me is that every time I think I've found the answer for me personally, I find out that I haven't. Not yet anyway. It's caused me to take the view with regard to my system that it's an ever growing/evolving entity. Maybe one day it'll finally grow up. Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to do that first. Yeah right. Just call me Peter Pan. _MMMike

BTW Thanks for standing up for us receiver owners. Maybe I don't qualify as a true audiophile because I own two but there's one thing about MMM that I'm sure of, that girl can sing._MMMike

mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by rb » Tue May 30, 2006 2:31 pm

On 2006-05-30 15:33, mykyll2727 wrote:
Maxx_One of the things that gets me is that every time I think I've found the answer for me personally, I find out that I haven't. Not yet anyway. It's caused me to take the view with regard to my system that it's an ever growing/evolving entity. Maybe one day it'll finally grow up. Hmmm. Maybe I'll have to do that first. Yeah right. Just call me Peter Pan. _MMMike

BTW Thanks for standing up for us receiver owners. Maybe I don't qualify as a true audiophile because I own two but there's one thing about MMM that I'm sure of, that girl can sing._MMMike

Mike I think audiophile has more to do with your involvement in audio gear more than it does the specific equipment.  With the time and effort you put into your system I would say that you are a true audiophile.
rb
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by rb » Tue May 30, 2006 2:51 pm

P.S Ferrite  core clamps also work really well on video cables.  Not sure if this was already mentioned in this thread.
rb
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by mykyll2727 » Tue May 30, 2006 8:13 pm

rb_Thanks for the praise. Coming from you it's high praise indeed. Honestly without you, Maxx, and the other members it wouldn't be anything close to what it is. Thanks all.

In case I forgot to mention it I'm using ferrite filters on my video cords as well. It has helped._MMMike
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Tue May 30, 2006 8:55 pm

On 2006-05-30 15:33, mykyll2727 wrote: Maybe I don't qualify as a true audiophile because I own two but there's one thing about MMM that I'm sure of, that girl can sing.

MMMike- Webster's one and only definition of an Audiophile is a devotee of high fidelity sound reproduction. Nuf' said! You fit the description and by a jury of your piers you have been found guilty of being an Audiophle and a Total Tweaker!

Rb is right that being an Audiophile is in the attitude not the kind of equipment you're using.

In fact my greatest accomplishment so far was taking a Sony Megachanger which everyone said would never sound good and transform it into a true High Fidelity performer.

Anyone can take expensive Audio equipment and make it sound good, but it takes a devoted Audiophile to make an inexpensive Player sing like an Angel.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Do It Yourself Home Theater