[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Surround sound issue

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:35 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Surround sound issue

Surround sound issue

This Forum is regarding hardware, troubleshooting and game information for the Playstation 3

Moderator: jttar

by RideTheSolarWinds » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm

I'm having an issue with surround on my PS3 with select games, most recently XCOM and Doom 3 BFG Edition. The problem is the front and rear channels are somehow getting mixed up and swapped around. For example; in Doom when I open a door in front of me the sound comes from the rear speakers and then when it closes behind me it comes from the front speakers. Enemies who are in front of me sound like they are behind me etc...

Anyway all other games, movies and music work perfectly. I've quadruple checked my connections and they are 100% correct. I've tried switching audio formats on and off through the PS3 in a process of elimination hoping to find the culprit but have had no luck.

For reference: I have my PS3 connected up via HDMI to an STR-DA5700ES receiver. I have a 5.2 surround setup.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Cheers for any help.

RideTheSolarWinds
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Playstation 3 players club