[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Please TURN OFF Paypal auto-renew for this site

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:16 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Please TURN OFF Paypal auto-renew for this site

Please TURN OFF Paypal auto-renew for this site

This section is for the latest Agoraquest news and features. Also, you can post any features or comments related to Agoraquest

Moderator: jttar

by dkdurcan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:36 am

I will start this post by saying this site is very helpful, and it helped me fix my Sony LCD projection 2 years ago.  

What's not cool is the paypal auto-renew.    I'm sure many will agree that its fair to pay for premium access so you can fix your TV.  But it really seems pretty shady to have the auto-renewal feature as I'm sure many people ignore the 12 dollar charge.

I only complain about this is that I asked for a refund last year as I had no idea paypal even had an auto-renew subscription feature.  Claudio was kind enough to issue the refund.   At that point one would think their account would not be charged anymore.   But whammo...I got charged again this year!  I had to poke around paypal to figure out that the auto-renew subscription was STILL turned on.    
dkdurcan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:51 pm

Hello dkdurcan,

Really sorry to read that you got charged again. I'm sure that it was not intentional and an over site on Claudio's part. I have sent him a PM on your behalf asking him to address this.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention and also for your patience.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by claudio » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi Duncan,

A refund was applied earlier today. When member upgrade the Paypal email states that it will autorenew on XX, XX, XXXX date. Also, Paypal should sends two emails before the auto renewal date that it will renew. Also, it should have steps in the emails on how to turn off or remove the subscription.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Claudio
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by zianian » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:17 pm

I would also like a REFUND PLEASE.

And considering that none of the administrators have ever replied to a single email/contact form I have sent to them nearly a year ago I will include it here also.

"YEARLY? subscription fee?

YEARLY? subscription fee?
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:37:50 -0500

Hello,
I joined up with you about a year ago.
(see my account info below)
I paid a fee for premium membership.
Do you charge us again a YEAR LATER?

I was just notified of this payment to agoraquest.com vie a PayPal account...
Subscription Terms: $12.00 USD for each year

I DID NOT sign up for your website to incur yearly "membership dues".
Please refund this money ASAP or cancel the transaction or whatever you have to do.
Thank you.

Ian"
zianian
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by claudio » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 am

Hi zianian,

I sent an email earlier this month. The membership is a yearly fee that is automatically charge by Paypal. However, you can cancel the membership so you are not charged in the following year.

Several members get the membership and immediately cancel it so they are not charge the following year. Even if you cancel you still get the year as a premium member.

Hope this helps. If you can private message me your email addess and I can take a look at it.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Agoraquest News and Features