[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Forum Issues or Questions?

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:15 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Forum Issues or Questions?

Forum Issues or Questions?

This section is where you can test out signatures, posting and anything else you want to test out.

Moderator: jttar

by claudio » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 am

Hi,

We migrated all the posts from the past 13 years to phpBB. phpBB is a open source forum software that is easy to use, powerful, and highly customizable. It has tons of features.

The plan is to fix and tweak any issues for the next month or so. After that we will start installing modifications that will help improve the user experience. For example, we will install a mod that allows you use a Word like editor for when write posts. Currently you see Green buttons above that allow you to bold, underline, quote, etc. It's good but the Word like editor is better.

If you run into any forum issues or have any questions regarding the forums, please post that issue within this thread and I will respond soon.

Thanks,

Claudio
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by claudio » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:17 am

Found one issue so far.

The issue happen when I tried to reply to a post. It seems that the reply when through however, I couldn't see it. It could only be seen if you sort by Author. I checked the database and the post is there. I'm looking into why it doesn't appear.

If you get this same issue, please let me know.

Thanks,
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by claudio » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:18 am

Another issue is that when I reply or create a new forum posts. The text color is in teal instead of black.
I'm working on this issue as well.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by chupa » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:40 am

I'm not new here but it took a wile until I could figure out how to login here on the new forum but it the end I managed to do that :)
Well, what can I say about the new look and stile ? Not very much positive so far, unfortunately.....
For starter, every settings on my account is gone, my avatar is gone. It took me several years to build my personality here on Agoraquest and now everything is gone. it's just feels so wrong when I wasted time and effort to " pimp" up my account here and it's now vanished in to thin air of www :x
The forum style is very white and tiresome for my eyes and what's it with these angry green style for topics and else texts ? Why on the earth you using this ugly green color ? Black is standard and someone with color blindness has better chance to read the topics.
It's good with faster servers and response times but if the interface is bad than it's worth nothing and it becomes just plain tiresome to use the forum. I would go so far to saying that the old forum style was much better then this.
I hope you can change the interface and the style for the better in the near future for our forum enjoyment. I was paying contributor of agoraquest in two years but now I'm a bit skeptical if I'm going to continue if the style remains this way.
For me, this forum was a great knowledge centre for Sony enthusiast and Sony followers but now it feels just wrong and a strange looking substitute for what it was once....

Just My two cents........

L.A aka Chupa
chupa
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by claudio » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi Chupa,

I appreciate the feedback. Below are my responses

I'm not new here but it took a wile until I could figure out how to login here on the new forum but it the end I managed to do that
- The User Register is both in the main menu and on the top of each forum section. I can make it more visible by making it larger.

For starter, every settings on my account is gone,
- What settings are you referring to? You can reupload your avatar. I can check and see if I can find your avatar. Your old settings should still be there.

The forum style is very white and tiresome for my eyes
- We were going to do Blue but we didn't want to copy Sony. This color is an offset of that Blue. Sony uses as one of their sub colors. But the good thing about the latest version of PHPBB, is in the future. User's can change their theme color. We plan on rolling that out next month. I can include a black/white version.

The new theme is simplier and not cluttered. The biggest compliant we received about the old site is too much information everywhere. The old homepage was too much for people. We simplified the homepage and menu navigation.

The original forum was running PHPBB 0.8 from 2001. It was that old. We upgraded to PHPbb 3.1 which is from 2014. We should have upgraded it through out the years but we really couldn't due to alot of custom programming that was done in 2001. We finally took the plunge to upgrade it to the latest version. Which has tons of new features which includes alllowing user's change their colors. I thinking going from 0.8 to 3.1 in terms of new features might have an initial shock from existing members.

I will post once we have updated it so user's have the ability to change their color theme.

Claudio
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by claudio » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:02 pm

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jehill » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:13 pm

Adware has been installed on my PC. Norton failed to remove it. Keywords in the text of post are made links to jobs.aol.com and ads such as "Retail Job Opportunities", "Business Development Jobs", "Manufacturing Careers". Is this something passed on to my PC via the new Agoraquest web site?
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by claudio » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:50 am

Hi,

It definitely shouldn't be Agoraquest. We haven't installed any advertisement and there are no downloadable items on Agoraquest.

When did you get the adware?
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jehill » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:54 pm

You are right. I didn’t get the adware from Agoraquest. I got “Quicknowlege” when I inadvertently clicked a download button when I was downloading icons for my Harmony 650 universal remote at www.iconharmony.com. Removal consisted of uninstalling a few executables and restoring normal IE settings.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by claudio » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi,

That's good to hear. I ran a scan on the site and didn't see any issues. The new Content Management System does weekly scans of our system to check if any files were hacked.

Almost done with the fixes. There are a couple more that I'm working on like getting thread names at the top when you view the threads.
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Next

Return to Testing Section