[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Changed things around again...

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:29 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Changed things around again...

Changed things around again...

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by mykyll2727 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:42 pm

It just keeps getting better! Way to go. Thanks for keeping us updated._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by parney » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:14 pm

looks great did your sharp tv die on you or cause problems or did you just want the sony?
parney
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Reinhart » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:30 pm

On 2012-08-19 18:14, parney wrote:
looks great did your sharp tv die on you or cause problems or did you just want the sony?

I wanted the Sony.  I also wanted a 1080p HDTV.  The Sharp was 720p.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Reinhart » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Changed things around yet again.

I added SVHS ET.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by mykyll2727 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:41 am

Thanks for the update. In my systems video tape has gone the way of audio tape. I have some machines that play it but I never do. Do you ever play VHS?_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Reinhart » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:53 pm

On 2012-11-18 07:41, mykyll2727 wrote:
Thanks for the update. In my systems video tape has gone the way of audio tape. I have some machines that play it but I never do. Do you ever play VHS?_mykl

Yeah, on occasion.  I even record on it, especially programming that still cannot be found on Blu-Ray Disc, DVD-Video, or LaserDisc.

Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:15 am

Reinhart- Is that a Sony PVM 2530 that you have? How did you ever manage to acquire it?

I was very fortunate to get mine from a video processing studio that was closing.

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Reinhart » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:05 pm

On 2012-12-31 06:15, Maxxwire wrote:

Reinhart- Is that a Sony PVM 2530 that you have? How did you ever manage to acquire it?

I was very fortunate to get mine from a video processing studio that was closing.

Sorry that it's taken a while to respond to your post.

I had gotten my 2530 from a relatively local eBay sale for about $10.  It was from a professional A/V supply company and they were trying to get rid of their surplus of these monitors.

I had also bought a PVM-2950Q from them as well.  Unfortunately, that monitor had serious problems with calibration likely owing to its age and use and, of course, finding someone who could competently service these monitors isn't easy to find in the southeast states and whose services would have been too expensive for me to afford.  I ended up selling the 2950Q at a garage sale.  If the 2950Q had been in better shape, I would have kept that because of its ability to accept component video as well as its 16x9 mode.  Other than the issues, its one weakness is that its audio amplifier isn't as powerful as the one used in the 2530.

My 2530 also had some issues (geometry and convergence), but they were easier to sort out.  It could still use a good reconditioning by a tech experienced with these monitors, but it's been stable enough at the moment.

The 2530 is used for old school gaming, with most of the systems connected via Y/C (s-video), some connected via CVBS (composite), and a couple connected via RGB through an adapter on the "computer" input socket.

I just hope the h-stat block between the flyback and the CRT stays good for a few more years.  Those are a failure item on many Sony TVs and monitors.

Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

Previous

Return to Home Theater Gallery