[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - gerchy's hybrid ES system ;-)

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:01 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - gerchy's hybrid ES system ;-)

gerchy's hybrid ES system ;-)

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by mhedges » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:39 am

Great pics but I can't stand those "It's A Sony" stickers - the first thing I do is peel them off!  But to each his own.

How did you get the rosewood sides for all those pieces that didn't come with them?

Mark

mhedges
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by scott1019 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:22 am

Truly masterful, this system is truly a work of art.  Where were you able to locate the rosewood side panels?  Are these custom fabricated?  I am looking for a pair for my DB930 receiver.

What voltage is used in Slovenia?  The only reason I ask is that I have a 1000ESD Pre-amp/Processor in MINT condition that would look lovely alongside the rest of your gear. It has more functions to enhance Pro-Logic than any piece of consumer gear that I have ever come across. It could prove very useful to you especially when you get your dedicated room set-up.  

scott1019
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by scott1019 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:25 am

I notice that you wish to get a projector for your dedicated room. Must it be a Sony, or are you willing to introduce a "foreigner" from another manufacturer into your system?
scott1019
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Reinhart » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:12 am

On 2010-07-14 12:39, STR-7ESOwner wrote:
Simply amazing. Glad to see another ES fan like myself. I currently own all ES line of the modern days. Why all the nice gear but a small TV? Anyways awesome setup!!!

So his ES gear deserves your praise while my ES gear deserves your derision, even though quite a few of the ES components here are vintage or, to put it in your words, "old junk."

Double-standard, anyone?

And, in reference to the ES setup on this page, it is very nice.  A lot of equipment I wish I had, particularly the X779ES CD player, which is about the same vintage as my X229ES CD player.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by gerchy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:22 am

Quote:

On 2010-08-20 12:39, mhedges wrote:
How did you get the rosewood sides for all those pieces that didn't come with them?

Most of them are original.
See here:
www.sony-es.com/findings3.htm

Sides on the VA333ES are custom made.
gerchy
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Reinhart » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:01 pm

On 2010-08-29 06:22, gerchy wrote:

On 2010-08-20 12:39, mhedges wrote:

Most of them are original.
See here:
www.sony-es.com/findings3.htm

Sides on the VA333ES are custom made.

The custom wood sides definitely add a touch of class to the look.  Too bad Sony didn't see fit to continue its use, even with their current offerings.

Being custom crafted, are these wood sides made of the simulated material or is it real wood?
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by gerchy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:01 am

On 2010-08-28 13:25, scott1019 wrote:
I notice that you wish to get a projector for your dedicated room.  Must it be a Sony, or are you willing to introduce a "foreigner" from another manufacturer into your system?

I really can`t say for now, the room exist on the paper only.
So it`s a little to soon to look at the offer. I might introduce a »foreigner«, who knows ...

On 2010-08-28 13:22, scott1019 wrote:
Truly masterful, this system is truly a work of art.  Where were you able to locate the rosewood side panels?  Are these custom fabricated?  I am looking for a pair for my DB930 receiver.

See the answer to mhedgesabove. Everything original except the VA333ES.
For custom made sides: Fundermax Mahagoni0504.
On the frontside there is an original decoration taken from a woodside using an iron and a towel.

On 2010-08-28 13:22, scott1019 wrote:
What voltage is used in Slovenia?  The only reason I ask is that I have a 1000ESD Pre-amp/Processor in MINT condition that would look lovely alongside the rest of your gear. It has more functions to enhance Pro-Logic than any piece of consumer gear that I have ever come across. It could prove very useful to you especially when you get your dedicated room set-up.  

We use 220V.  Ialready owned two E1000ESD processors. It`s an amazing preamp and despite my system is complete the thought of getting it back crosses my mind regularly. I could use it in another room although I already have too many Prologic amps and a lack of rooms!
Thanks for the offer – I`d be interested if shipments costs wouldn`t be so unpleasant.

On 2010-08-29 16:01, Reinhart wrote:
Being custom crafted, are these wood sides made of the simulated material or is it real wood?

Real wood, pretty much the same as original.

-----------------
:: sony-es.com
:: FB Sony ES group

gerchy
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by TMC » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Tremendous pictures you´ve got there!

Do anyone know if you can find a complete list of the ES-models Sony has produced in the series with wooden panels?

Best Regards

TMC
TMC
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by gerchy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:30 am

Making the "woodlist" could be tricky since some models had woodpanels only in US or Canada.

Some pics of my previously owned gear:

gerchy
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by sonyeslover » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Nice!
sonyeslover
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery