[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - I got the perfect place for my Home Theater now!

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:35 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - I got the perfect place for my Home Theater now!

I got the perfect place for my Home Theater now!

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by dontsleep33 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:51 am

Recently I rented an old Evangelical church storefront across the street from my house for my Home Theater.The congregation moved to another city and I grabbed it fast.The acoustics in that big room are incredible!
Movies are fantastic but I'm more of a music guy than a movie buff so I spend a lot of time in there using small club like volume levels sitting on the sofa just listening.The neighbors said they thought I had a band in there once! LOL!
Anyhow I always wanted to have the right room to get the best out of my system and now I am truly happy with it.
Unfortunately I do not have a camera to  show it to you right now.Not very pretty yet anyway but I can measure it for you later on today so you can picture it in your head.
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jehill » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Now that's something I have never heard of before!  You truly have a unique location for your home theater!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by STR-7ESOwner » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:12 am

A church? Watch out for the type of music you play in there! lol...
STR-7ESOwner
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Tony,

"Holy" smokes, How cool!

About seven years ago I had a similar opportunity but the church was for sale not rent. The asking price was well above my budget but I had the same thought as you, what a great place for a home theater. Likewise, the acoustics were incredible and the pews provided plenty of seating.

I wish you great success with setting up your "new" theater/sound stage. You just have to beg, borrow or steal a camera to share some pics with us. Cell phone pics will do.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by dontsleep33 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Yeah cell phone pics! Great idea!
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by RickeyM » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Hey dontsleep, did you ever get any pics of your new listening space? Currently having to make do with a small living room for a full size pair of Maggies, I'd love to be able to do what you did.

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by dontsleep33 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 am

Yeah it was fun while it lasted but the wife needed it for work.She took over the whole place for her corperation.
It's ok I have a new room at my new apt.It has a nice sound too it.
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to Home Theater Gallery