[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DUKETBRD88--MY TWO CHANNEL SETUP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:36 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DUKETBRD88--MY TWO CHANNEL SETUP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUKETBRD88--MY TWO CHANNEL SETUP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by duketbrd88 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:05 am

This is my two channel main living room setup.

I have a 2 and 4yr old so it  has to be in a closed cabinet. From (crate & barrel) I left the back off for ventilation.

Pioneer elite pro101fd signature monitor
B&W 804s speakers
Velodyne 8" sub
Classe cp500 preamp
Classe ca2200 amp
Sony BDPS5000ES bluray player
PS audio digital link iii DAC
Equitech son of q jr. balanced power
Dish network 722 HD DVR
Kimber Kable Hero Balanced xlr's
Shunyata power cords, Thanks Maxx for the help!!
Plasma has it's own Panamx surge outlet i installed behind the display
Everything else is on it's own dedicated 15 amp ps audio outlet, i also inatalled.  

Other then that it is a great two channel system for the family and at least my wife can operate it on her own.

I am still waiting to finish off the basement so i can use my SONY STRDA7ES receiver again.

Even though i have all of this, i am a big SONY ES FAN!!!

duketbrd88
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by duketbrd88 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:33 am

These pictures could have came out better, i should have set my camera to the highest resolution. I don't understand why some things look curved. I used photobucket and had to copy & paste the html for each one. is there an easier way if i have high res. pics?
duketbrd88
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by duketbrd88 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:39 am

I don't know why the pics are so damm grainy, i am going to have to try this again. That pisses me off, but that is my setup.
duketbrd88
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by parney » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:11 pm

very impressed with your system .
parney
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by duketbrd88 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:05 pm

Thank you Parney. The equitech balanced power system on the bottom right where the sub is sitting on top made a huge improvement in the sound, i could not beleive it. That along weighs 50lbs and that little velodyne sub weighs almost as much. There is no vibration at all with the sub sitting there. That is about all i can do with that room and conditions, until i get some money and time i will finish off the basement. I just can't beleive what balanced power made to the system, i actually have to turn the preamp 5 notches down on the volume now when watching tv. The dishnetwork optical out is going to the ps audio dac and the coax out of the es bluray player is also going to the dac. Then i have kimber kable balanced out to the preamp. What a difference in sound, listening to day to day television through the dac. All video is hdmi to the monitor.
duketbrd88
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by duketbrd88 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:56 pm

Maxx, i thought i would post this for you since we have been talking about my system. I am not happy at all with these damm pics i took. I will have to take new ones.
duketbrd88
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by duketbrd88 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:06 am

Maxx, any thoughts or suggestions. I decided to keep my STRDA7ES receiver. I am not selling it, always a good backup.
duketbrd88
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

Return to Home Theater Gallery