[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Living room setup

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:11 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Living room setup

Living room setup

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by jehill » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:45 am

I just realized that you have the same speakers that my son has!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Maxxwire » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:25 pm

On 2012-08-21 02:48, David_S wrote:

The recently acquired 2 TB hard drive for direct USB connection to the STR-DA5700ES is not included here.

David_S- Will you be able to access the contents of the 2 TB HDD through the GUI in the DA5700ES as it appears on your new Sony KDL-55HX850 HDTV?

Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by David_S » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:19 pm

On 2012-08-23 19:25, Maxxwire wrote:
<blockquote>
On 2012-08-21 02:48, David_S wrote:

The recently acquired 2 TB hard drive for direct USB connection to the STR-DA5700ES is not included here.

David_S- Will you be able to access the contents of the 2 TB HDD through the GUI in the DA5700ES as it appears on your new Sony KDL-55HX850 HDTV?
<blockquote>
Yes, the GUI from the DA5700ES displays contents of the 2 TB HDD on the Sony KDL-55HX850 TV.

The menus, folders, files & playback are entirely accessed with the remote control that came with the DA5700ES. I disconnect the HDD from the DA5700ES & reconnect the HDD to a PC when I make changes to the contents of the HDD.  The DA5700ES is not network attached & I do not know if HDD contents could be changed through the DA5700ES from a network attached PC (I guess more testing sometime in the future).

I especially like the ability to access audio files directly with a normal Sony remote and have the information displayed on the TV attached to the DA5700ES.  Ease of audio file access concerned me when I was thinking about using a PC as a music server.

My entire audio collection can fit onto this one 2 TB HDD.

Here are photos of the menu system to access the HDD from the DA5700ES.  The TV background pattern does not display here due to high lighting contrast.

This is the "Home" menu of the DA5700ES.

The "Listen" menu of the DA5700ES.

"My Music"

These are folders I created on the HDD.  I have artists alphabetically separated.

Albums within a folder.  I can make another folder level here to group albums by artist name.

Audio tracks within a folder.

Audio file playback screen.

The horizontal line near the screen bottom is the playback timeline.  15 seconds played into this track.

-----------------
TA- E77ES E1000ESD N77ES F555ES
RM- AV3000 AX1400 (2)AX4000
SDP-EP9ES, ST-S730ES
STR-DA4ES, STR-DA3100ES
DVP- (3)NS999ES NS3100ES CX777ES
CDP-X303ES, CDP-M555ES
MDS-JA20ES, TC-K717ES, DTC-690
Pioneer CLD-3090 Laserdisc

TA- N77ES, E77ES, E80ES, E9000ES
STR- GX10ES, DA4ES, DA5700ES
DVP- NS999ES