[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - My Sony system ... redux

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:52 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My Sony system ... redux

My Sony system ... redux

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Reinhart » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:01 am

lol..you dont need a minor change here..you need a MAJOR change. This is old junk!

Meh.  You can't satisfy everyone and there will always be a jagoff somewhere who will be easily offended and insulted by something that wasn't directed to him.  Thanks for proving that about you to me.

But, I don't want to see you disappointed about this, so I will be glad to accept monetary donations from you so I may buy equipment that is to your liking for my ownership and personal use.

I can put up new pictures and you will be pleased to talk positively about it.  And, you can, rest assured, know that your money went towards a noble cause: to get me out of the technological stone age.

The donation will not be tax-deductible, though, so that's a pity, especially considering where you apparently live: in that wonderfully tax-happy bankrupt state of Kalifornia, second only to Taxachusetts.

Did you hear about HD TVs? Whats the point of having a Sony PS3 when using an old TV?

I scored a deal on a PS3 and I can still play it with an NTSC video monitor.

There are quite a few new games out that are only on the modern consoles so rather than be left behind in gaming, I chose to buy a PS3 knowing that, eventually, I would get an HDTV.

Is there some law prohibiting me from getting a PS3 if I don't own an HDTV that I don't know about?

Besides, in the event that I were to get an HDTV, I'd rather save some cash and get one that's good, such as a Sony XBR.

What's the point of getting an HDTV if it's a piece of crap that won't last any longer than a few months past the warranty and/or doesn't have good performance and features?

You know the saying: "you get what you pay for."

In the meantime, a Sony PVM series Super Trinitron monitor will do.  I'd rather have that than a piece-o-crap Vizio or a disappointingly low end HDTV.

However, if you're open to donate me the necessary funds so I can get an HDTV to our mutual liking, I will appreciate it immensely and I will update my equipment to satisfy you.

Plus, I'd rather use this equipment rather than throw it out wastefully and pollute the environment.

Waste not, want not.

Oh wait..you just got outta jail didnt you?  Sorry to speak the truth here. lol...

Actually, yes, for finding and stabbing someone to death who insulted me on an online forum not unlike this one.  Those voices in my head are telling me to do the same to you, so you better watch out 'cause I'm going to get you!

Of course, I'm BSing you.  But, who knows?  That's why you should be nice to others, especially to those whom you don't know.

And, as we see here:

So you didn't immediately think of everything you wanted to say to me all at once, eh?  You had to think about it!  Too funny.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Reinhart » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:05 am

Another post.

I want to thank others for coming to my support in light of "STR-7ES" post against me.

Hopefully, my response won't be considered out of line by the community.

And, another update. The SL-HF900 has some servo problems with the head disc motor, so the SL-2710 is back in service as my Betamax deck.

The SVO-160 was serviced with a cleaning and lubrication and replaced the SLV-575UC as my VHS deck.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Reinhart » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 pm

Another update.

An Atari Jaguar has been added to the system.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by jttar » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Well handled Reinhart.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by RickeyM » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:48 am

Pssst, don't tell "STR-7ES" that I'm still using a KV-27TS32 manufactured in 01/1994 . True to Trinitron heritage, the picture is SHARP!. Connected to my DVP-S7000 with a good S-Vid cable, the picture still looks oustanding. Of course an HD set will look better, and as soon as the Trinitron dies, I'll start looking around for one

RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Reinhart » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:05 am

On 2010-10-10 15:48, RickeyM wrote:
Pssst, don't tell "STR-7ES" that I'm still using a KV-27TS32 manufactured in 01/1994 . True to Trinitron heritage, the picture is SHARP!. Connected to my DVP-S7000 with a good S-Vid cable, the picture still looks oustanding. Of course an HD set will look better, and as soon as the Trinitron dies, I'll start looking around for one

Nice.  Although there will be bad apples in any bunch, Trintrons are built well, perform beautifully and are reliable for the most part.

I wish Sony still made HDTV Trinitrons and, even better, if they could have made one that supports 1080p.  Oh, well, at least there's Bravia LCD HDTVs, though I didn't like the decision to omit support for s-video and to get an adapter that can convert s-video to component isn't exactly a cheap proposition.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Reinhart » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:21 pm

A crazy update.

I'm in preparations to add a 1/4" quarter track stereo open reel tape recorder to the system.

Pictures to come...
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Reinhart » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 pm

The open reel deck: Teac X-20R.

Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by RickeyM » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:33 am

How's the Teac X-20R working for ya'? I love the look of those "Mach" series speakers. Have you done any modding to them? There's a thread over at Audio Karma about modding the Mach One's. Maybe some of it could be used on your Mach Three's. One thing that's become a re-occurring theme is that replacing the stock electrolytic caps with poly ones yields a big improvement. Might be worth a try.
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Reinhart » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:54 pm

On 2010-11-21 12:33, RickeyM wrote:
How's the Teac X-20R working for ya'? I love the look of those "Mach" series speakers. Have you done any modding to them? There's a thread over at Audio Karma about modding the Mach One's. Maybe some of it could be used on your Mach Three's. One thing that's become a re-occurring theme is that replacing the stock electrolytic caps with poly ones yields a big improvement. Might be worth a try.

The X-20R works well, although I did have to do some substantial repairs to it.

As for modifying my Mach Three speakers, I haven't really thought about it as I've been satisfied with their sound, though there definitely can be improvements such as replacing all electrolytics in the crossover network with poly caps as you've suggested.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery