[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - SergeantYnot's Home Theater

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:03 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - SergeantYnot's Home Theater

SergeantYnot's Home Theater

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by SergeantYnot » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Specs:

Samsung 42" 720p Plasma
Pioneer Elite Receiver
Sony DVD Player
RCA CD Changer
Goldstar VHS Player
Sony Turntable

Speakers:

Sony SS-K90ED (fronts)
Sony SS-CNK10ED (center)
Sony SS-K30ED (surround back)
Polk Monitor 50 (surround)
KLH 12" Sub

Gaming:

Xbox 360 w/ HD-DVD drive
Wii
PS2
PS1
Gamecube
Dreamcast
Nintendo 64
Super NES
Nintendo NES
Virtual Boy
Linksys Wireless 4 port router

Note: with the exception of the NES and PS1, all consoles are wired to the receiver and LAN-connected.  My Pioneer is also connected via USB to my computer for music streaming on the front channels.  Enjoy!

SergeantYnot
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:45 am

SergeatYnot,

Quite an impressive list of components that make up your Home Theater!

You have made use of every inch of your theater room and it looks like it is the place to be when it's time to relax, play a game or watch a movie.

Thank you for taking the time to take the wonderful photo's and sharing them with us. I loved looking at all your pics.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by SergeantYnot » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:43 am

Joe,

Thanks for the compliments!  It's amazing how relaxing it is to be in there and just enjoy movies or music.  Ever since I've set this area up for myself and friends, I've noticed I rarely go to the movies anymore.  And when I do go, I find myself commenting how much better the movie will sound at home once it comes out on DVD.
SergeantYnot
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:25 pm

SergeantYnot,

This is a familiar scenario for me also. I have been to the movie theater twice in the last two years and both times it was to take one of my grandchildren to see a movie.
Like yourself watching the same DVD in my Home Theater completely blows away the sound from the movie theater.

My favorite place to watch a movie is in the comfort of my own family room and I can easily see by your pictures why it would be the same for you.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by robmlisanti » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:49 am

On 2009-01-20 21:25, jttar wrote:
SergeantYnot,

This is a familiar scenario for me also. I have been to the movie theater twice in the last two years and both times it was to take one of my grandchildren to see a movie.
Like yourself watching the same DVD in my Home Theater completely blows away the sound from the movie theater.

My favorite place to watch a movie is in the comfort of my own family room and I can easily see by your pictures why it would be the same for you.

Joe

There is nothing like having your own room for home theater and yours is no different...very nice set-up. Like you said Joe I don't go to the movies as much as I used to since I have my own home theater. Especially with Netflix, Half.com, and HBO and Starz. When I watch a movie at home I dont have to worry about some dummies cell phone going off in the middle of a great scene or someone who won't shut up!

robmlisanti
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by SergeantYnot » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:14 am

On 2009-03-26 14:49, robmlisanti wrote:

There is nothing like having your own room for home theater and yours is no different...very nice set-up. Like you said Joe I don't go to the movies as much as I used to since I have my own home theater. Especially with Netflix, Half.com, and HBO and Starz. When I watch a movie at home I dont have to worry about some dummies cell phone going off in the middle of a great scene or someone who won't shut up!

Don't forget to mention those dummies that feel the need to talk during movies as well!
SergeantYnot
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by robmlisanti » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:21 am

Yeah them too!
robmlisanti
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

Return to Home Theater Gallery