[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment Part Deux

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment Part Deux

Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment Part Deux

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by wallew » Sun May 31, 2009 11:49 am

I have an interest in the PS-X555ES.  So I read this thread.
Shadow Lord, I gotta tell you, the results of all your work have paid huge dividends.  I laughed with the 'protection from the little man' pix.

Your setup is beyond impressive.  You have everything most of us aspire to.  The planning involved and the hard work you have done are inspiring.  I hope to one day be able to build my dedicated home theater down in my basement.  It will require a little more work, because the back of the theater will house my hardback book collection of approximately 3000 hardbacks.  Plus all the HT type stuff you have done.  I'm still seriously considering sonic loading my floor with two tons of beach sand and then laying the flooring over that.  We will see.

Keep up the great work.  And keep posting all those great pix.

jim

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.
"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.
When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE is not your friend.
When in doubt EMPTY THE MAGAZINE.
wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by craigmclellan89 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:52 am

Very nice dude - love the array of lights in the dark

I'm based in the UK - I work in a Sony Centre and our variant of your TV is the "55X5500" - absolutely beautiful TV with the LED backlight system - the only TV i've seen to carry such pristine picture quality but retain the film like quality you usually only get with a projector.

Stunning work my man.
craigmclellan89
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by frahengeo » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:18 am

Hi All,

Do I need to be a paid member to see the pics? Trying to see Shadowlords progress, but no pictures can be seen.
frahengeo
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by OPCAR » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi frahengeo,

Welcome to Agoraquest.
No, you don't need to be a paid member to see the pics. You should see the pics as they are just fine.

Danijel
OPCAR
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ShadowLord » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:44 am

On 2009-05-31 15:49, wallew wrote:
I have an interest in the PS-X555ES.  So I read this thread.
Shadow Lord, I gotta tell you, the results of all your work have paid huge dividends.  I laughed with the 'protection from the little man' pix.

Your setup is beyond impressive.  You have everything most of us aspire to.  The planning involved and the hard work you have done are inspiring.  I hope to one day be able to build my dedicated home theater down in my basement.  It will require a little more work, because the back of the theater will house my hardback book collection of approximately 3000 hardbacks.  Plus all the HT type stuff you have done.  I'm still seriously considering sonic loading my floor with two tons of beach sand and then laying the flooring over that.  We will see.

Keep up the great work.  And keep posting all those great pix.

jim

jim,

Thank you for the compliment. You may have laughed at my little white fence but so far my equipment has no little finger prints anywhere on it! Do you own a ps-x555es? That is quite a collection of hardbacks. Mine is no where close to taht big (A hundred or two at most..) What genere's do you have?

Unfortunately in CA basements are rare. However, if you have one it is perfect for the HT experience. Just make sure you have no moisture/humidity issues.. Just out of curioisty how much would two tons of beach sand cost you?

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ShadowLord » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:46 am

On 2009-06-04 08:52, craigmclellan89 wrote:
Very nice dude - love the array of lights in the dark

I'm based in the UK - I work in a Sony Centre and our variant of your TV is the "55X5500" - absolutely beautiful TV with the LED backlight system - the only TV i've seen to carry such pristine picture quality but retain the film like quality you usually only get with a projector.

Stunning work my man.

Thanks man. I eny you european guys. There is alot more high qualitty sony Audio gear floating out in Europe then here in the states. I have yet to see an actual highend sony md deck. Although recently there has been arash of mds-ja50es onsale on e-bay!

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ShadowLord » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:46 am

On 2009-06-05 10:18, frahengeo wrote:
Hi All,

Do I need to be a paid member to see the pics?  Trying to see Shadowlords progress, but no pictures can be seen.

No, just make sure you can see photos hosted on photobucket.com!

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by craigmclellan89 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:51 am

You say that man, but i've never seen ES equalisers and the like in real life yet!

A customer of mine has an ES system, consisting of the 1000ESD pre, and matching tuner, CD, tape and TAN-55ES power amps, one of which isn't even being used. I'm trying to buy one of the power amps off him as we speak to power my front channels.

When I went to his place to listen to it, he had the pre in "hall" mode which added an echo to everything - made the entire system seem a complete waste of time and money - i've had all in one minis with those sort of effects!

I want to get hold of a stereo pre and power to use for music, but I can't find anything on eBay at all - so you're not doing too badly, even if I do have access to more of it as I'm in Europe!
craigmclellan89
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by ShadowLord » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 am

On 2009-06-11 05:51, craigmclellan89 wrote:
You say that man, but i've never seen ES equalisers and the like in real life yet!

A customer of mine has an ES system, consisting of the 1000ESD pre, and matching tuner, CD, tape and TAN-55ES power amps, one of which isn't even being used. I'm trying to buy one of the power amps off him as we speak to power my front channels.

When I went to his place to listen to it, he had the pre in "hall" mode which added an echo to everything - made the entire system seem a complete waste of time and money - i've had all in one minis with those sort of effects!

I want to get hold of a stereo pre and power to use for music, but I can't find anything on eBay at all - so you're not doing too badly, even if I do have access to more of it as I'm in Europe!

That is strange. I see ES EQs on e-bay all the time in the US (both the 555ES and the 333ES). I wonder if they were never marketed in europe? Good luck w/ the TA-N55ES. There is one on audiogon right now but I am not sure if the seller will ship to Europe.

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by OPCAR » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:46 am

Hey ShadowLord, awesome stuff man. Very good work!

Danijel
OPCAR
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery