[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment Part Deux

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:46 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment Part Deux

Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment Part Deux

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by jehill » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:51 am

I sure hope that the fan does the job, because the recommended clearance above the set is 11-7/8" (see p-7 of the Operating Instructions).  Of course, that's assuming natural circulation and no fan.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by jttar » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:39 am

ShadowLord,

You are the king of pics! Things have progressed nicely since your last photo shoot.

Your new components are stunning looking and will ensure you have the top shelf video. Thanks for sharing the unpacking. It was like being there with you and sharing the excitement.

The walls and floors look great. Actually, I though about you this week while I was doing some replacing of drywall. I forgot how bad I was at "mudding" the seams. Oh, I eventually get it smooth but I am glad I am not paying myself by the hour. LOL!  Your walls look smooth as a baby's bottom. Nice job.

Again, thank you for the update. I have enjoyed this thread immensely.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by vaio3439 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:22 pm

On 2009-01-18 14:51, jehill wrote:
I sure hope that the fan does the job, because the recommended clearance above the set is 11-7/8"

+1, Looking great. Also, make sure those light bulbs above the tv are not generating too much heat that could damage the set.

vaio3439
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by parney » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:49 pm

looking good so far.
parney
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ShadowLord » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks for the comments guys!

jehill and vai3439: I am aware of the sony recs on clearance. Unfortuantely, this is the best that could be achieved. However, so far w/ the TV running a good bit (6-7 hours) I haven't really noticed any heat issues. As for the lamps, I usually have them off while watching... However, I am using 60W bulbs in each and they are dimmed even when on... I may consider 40W bulbs if I see it becoming an issue!

jttar: Thanks for the kind words. However, I think the pictures do flatter me more then they should as an upclose inspection will reveal issues that the pictures are hiding . However, over all I am very happywith the results. And as I said in the OP this is the second iteration and not finaly. Eventually, I would like a dedicated AV room w/ sound proofing, theater sitting, projector/screen etc. etc... But that will have to wait for a few years more at the very least...

One thing I did not mention is tah tthe STR-DA6400ES arrived as well... It actualyl arrived last week. However, I have yet to open it as there is no place to put it and I am having a bit of an issue with my speakers! Hopefully, this weekend I will open it and go from there! You can bet there will be more pictures!

I also finished putting in the support for all the shelves and tested out the spacer support system. Looks good. I will post pictutres of them tomorrow. I now have to make six support beams w/ threaded ends and I can finish putting up the shelves.

The fun then begins with the components going up! I am looking for two other components still to buy: a second TA-N90ES and a second APC S20BLK. There is a TA-N90ES on audiogon but it looks very beatup (even if it works well) and as such is way over priced in my opinion. I am looking for something that is functionally excellent and of display quality like my othre components... If anyone has a line on one or if anyone wants to get rid of their beast (hint hint) please let me know...
ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ShadowLord » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 am

O.k.

The supports are all in for the shelves:

As I said earlier the 1/4" thick steel could not hold up the components so I had to cut and place spacers in front:

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ShadowLord » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 pm

Finally,

The shelves are in... I've already started placing components in there! More pics to come!

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Stoffie » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Keeps getting better and better. Looking forward to full shelves
Stoffie
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by ShadowLord » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:23 am

Thanks. The shelves are full now and I am getting everything connected. More pics soon!
ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ShadowLord » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:26 pm

All right guys I think we are almost there:

A View of the Top Shelf

Analog Section:
PS-X555ES, SEQ-333ES, TC-WA9ES, SLV-R1000, APC S20BLK

RCVR/PRE/AMP Section:
STR-DA6400ES, HTPC, DVP-CX777ES, TA-N90ES, TA-N9000ES. I don't have my other TA-N9000ES setup yet and I am still looking for anoth TA-N90ES.

Digital Section:
PS3, HR23-700, DTC-2000ES, BDP-S5000ES. I will, eventually, be putting a second APC S20BLK here.

Yeah I noticed the sagging . Supports will come in afeter everything is in place!

Different Lightings:

The light is not as bad as iti is in the picture. More a problem of the camera then the lighting.

Wire Management 101 - As you can imagine this much equipment takes a ton of wiring! Keep in mind the speaker wires are still not in these pictures!

Networking: I've run out of ports on my GS108 and may have to upgrade to a GS116 if I add any more networked equipment (e.g. another APC S20BLK).

And finally a bit of protection from the little man!

What's left:

1. The OTA antenna needs to be tuned. My picture quality is excellent but I am not getting many of the channels.

2. My FM antenna is not working. Not sure why but with/or without the wire I get the smae reception. Maybe I need an antenna ampilifier because of all the splitting of the signal.

3. Speakers Need to come in.

4. Still looking to buy a TA-N90ES - any takers?

5. Fine tune, fine tune, fine tune. This includes audio and video!
ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery