[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - DenMar's home theater setup

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:14 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DenMar's home theater setup

DenMar's home theater setup

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by The-Ish316 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:59 am

Thanks for the compliments, SniperCane.  Indeed, I do love the AS-F2's.  They sound great!  I take it you have a pair of them too?  I just mentioned to my wife that I'd kind of like to get another pair for the rear and was clearly given the understanding that they would not meet the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).  Too big and noticable in the appropriate room locations. 

I'm not yet sure I fully love the AF-C1 center channel.  I may have a bit more tweeking to do to get it to settle in to my satisfaction. 

An I cannot wait for the day I can get the XBR4.  Not sure when that will be, but I am hopeful.

STR-DA4ES, Bravia KDL-52XBR9, DVP-NC600, BDP-S1, Athena AS-F2 fronts, AS-C1 center, CSW Surrounds; ChannelMaster DVR+, Sony HDR-SR12, TC-WR6655S
The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:46 pm

The-Ish316,

I too wish that I had purchased a few more AS-F2's when they were available Have you seen them for sale anywhere?

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by The-Ish316 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:25 pm

jttar, I see that there is a pair (with a C1 center channel) on e-bay for $299 as a "Buy Now", but they are for pickup only--in Miami, Florida.  Ocassionally you see them on e-bay for a reasonable price.  That's where I got my C1 center channel.  

STR-DA4ES, Bravia KDL-52XBR9, DVP-NC600, BDP-S1, Athena AS-F2 fronts, AS-C1 center, CSW Surrounds; ChannelMaster DVR+, Sony HDR-SR12, TC-WR6655S
The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Dennis,

Thanks, I appreciate the info. Miami is too far to travel even for these wonderful sounding speakers. I wish that I would have bought three more of them when they were available. I will keep my eyes on eBay. If you happen to spot any AS-F2's that are willing to ship I would be grateful for the heads up.

Although I am not using it, I also have a C1 center channel that I bought for a steal. Eventually it will be used in my bedroom system.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by The-Ish316 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:13 am

jttar, I can let you know if I see a pair of AS-F2s.  Just let me know how I may contact you. 

The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:21 pm

Thanks Dennis.

You can always contact me by sending me a private message to my "inbox" here at Agoraquest. I check it every night. I appreciate your watchful eye.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by The-Ish316 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:53 pm

I finally have a picture of my HT setup with the new 52XBR9 integrated in.

I think it looks better now.  The XBR9 doesn't look so lost as the little Trinitron did.  It completes the look I purchased the console for.

The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Reinhart » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:35 pm

What happened to your Sony VCR?

You've got a JVC in there.

That Sony was a nice model complete with flying erase heads.

If I'm not mistaken, the Sony was an SLV-676UC.
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by The-Ish316 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Sharp eyes, Reinheart.  I had to pull the SLV 676UC out of the console because it has developed a taste for video cassette tapes.  I am uncertain of it's future at this point.  If I could find someone to repair it, I'm not sure it would be worth it.  The audio tape deck is also showing it's age and one well is not working.  It still works, but I rarely use tapes any more.  

The next item of interest is some kind of DVR, but that's going to be a while I think.

The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by parney » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Very nice system I share the same receiver and came close to buying a pair of ASF2's but unfourtunetly it didnt happen.Seems we are all limited somewhat by the WAF factor.
parney
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery