[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - DenMar's home theater setup

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:38 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DenMar's home theater setup

DenMar's home theater setup

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by The-Ish316 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:01 pm

Well, I finally got around to posting a photo of our home theater setup.  Still some work to do (probably always will be), but you can see the console with all its various parts.

KV-27V42 TV (on top center

STR-DA4ES (top left)
DVP-NC600 (middle left)
SLV-676UC VCR (bottom left

BDP-S1 (top right)
TC-WR6655S dual tape (bottom right
Athena AS-F2 speakers
Athena AS-C1 speaker (not pictured, but in center console door)
CSW Surrounds (not pictured)

I will get around to adding more images of the space at a later date.
-----------------
DenMar
Sony STR-DA4ES, BDP-S1, DVP-NC600, KV-27V42 TV, TC-WR6655S dual tape, SLV-676UC VCR, & Athena AS-F2 & AS-C1 speakers; CSW Surrounds; HDR-SR12 & DCR-TRV120

STR-DA4ES, Bravia KDL-52XBR9, DVP-NC600, BDP-S1, Athena AS-F2 fronts, AS-C1 center, CSW Surrounds; ChannelMaster DVR+, Sony HDR-SR12, TC-WR6655S
The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jehill » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:41 am

Very nice, neat system!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by jttar » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:10 pm

The-Ish316,

Thank you for taking the time to take and share the pictures of your system with us. It looks fantastic. That is a beautiful looking console.
As I have mentioned to you in the past, we share similar receivers (DA4ES/DA7ES) and front speakers, those wonderful sounding AS-F2's.
I look forward to any more pictures you post to this thread. Again, thanks!

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by The-Ish316 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:20 pm

Thank you, gentlemen for your kind compliments.  It took a very, very long time to find this console.  It's far from perfect, but I had some very clear guidelines I wanted to stay within.  I didn't want a huge, towering hutch above the low console.  I also wanted to have glass fronts and two columns with at least 3 shelves.  I also didn't want the media to be out in the open.  

The overall plan is to either have a clear wall to project upon or the get a 46-56" LCD TV to set on the top of the console (replacing the 27" Trinitron).  That will give a nice prominence to the TV but not an overpowering presence in the room.  The Living Room is for more than TV.  

I still need to purchase a power conditioner and a replacement for the VCR (likes to eat tapes now).  In updating the VCR, I'd love to go with a DVR but I want HD capabilities and I'm not ready to dish out to Comcast for a cable upgrade yet.  I'm toying with the idea of a media PC but not sure if I want Microsoft to participate in my media center.  

STR-DA4ES, Bravia KDL-52XBR9, DVP-NC600, BDP-S1, Athena AS-F2 fronts, AS-C1 center, CSW Surrounds; ChannelMaster DVR+, Sony HDR-SR12, TC-WR6655S
The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by The-Ish316 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:27 pm

I have a few other items that may be of interest.  First is a close-up of the right and center of the console.  There you can see the center channel speaker, the S1 and the dual well tape deck.  

And below is my cabling diagram of the whole mess so I don't have to pull the whole console out each time I'm wondering how something is wired or where I can patch into the home theater setup.  The pictured one is a bit dated.  I am working on one with all the new stuff on it.  Of course the diagram is this simple because I only have a few pieces.  But it has saved me work on more than one occasion.  

The diagram is simply the manual images of each component pasted into a Word document, printed and laminated (the self-adhesive ones).  Then I can add, delete, or change the wiring using Overhead Projector water soluable markers.   It works pretty well.  

The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:18 pm

The-Ish316,

The diagram is a very clever idea and keeps things simple to follow. I remember you talking about the diagram before and it is nice to see what it looks like. Thanks.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jehill » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:18 am

Are you thinking of updating to a Sony LCD anytime soon?  It would look perfect on top of your cabinet!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by The-Ish316 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:34 pm

jehill, I most certainly am of updating to a KDL-46XBR4 LCD TV.  I would have by now, but funding has caused a pause.  Perhaps I'll be able to get one for a steal once the newer XBR line replacement comes out.  Or perhaps I'll get a newer model by some wild quirk of nature...

Ever hopeful,

The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jehill » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:17 pm

Great!  I am sure that you will be pleased with the results.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by SniperCane » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:08 am

Very Nice Setup!!!  Gotta love the sound of those of those wonderful AS-F2's, dont ya?

And once you get that XBR4, you'll complete that slice of A/V perfection!!  

SniperCane
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery