[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:13 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment

Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by ShadowLord » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:35 pm

Toli,

I actually have the stand already but even if I didn't I am not sure I would mount this on a wall. Here are the dimensions:

DimensionsHeight: 320mm (12.6 in)
Width: 783mm (30.8 in)
Depth: 316mm (12.4 in)
Net Weight28kg (62 lb)

It is quite a bit bigger then your everyday center and certainly much heavier...

Also doing a quick look in the back I see no way for wall mount... The manual recommends stand vs. shelf placement!

On 2008-06-29 09:03, Toli wrote:
ShadowLord,

I believe that your center speaker can be wall mounted (via a mounting hole on the rear of the speaker), so you could actually still get a stand if you want, not that it has to be my stand. You could mount the speaker above or below the TV, or even set the center speaker right on the stand.

Toli

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ShadowLord » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:38 pm

I have seen these before (I think in mag advertisements). I like the look but was concerend regarding the spike interconencts. How stable is it? Can it take the weight of a decent receiver and the "beastie boys"??? Also what do you mean legs can be filled? Is taht somethign the manufacturer recommends? Or do you mean just using sand and pouring it in?

On 2008-06-29 10:57, SPCOOLIN wrote:
Speaking of stands...I looked a long time, and then bought these from VTI...I plan on adding more as needed...

They are very configurable in most any shape or combo, and the legs can be filled for resonance dampening...I find the build quality to be quite good for the price too...
Here is a link to the site I ordered from... http://www.racksandstands.com/VTI-BLS50-VI1064.html  They have many photos & color combos...

Steve~

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by frahengeo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 am

Over the weekend, I was rearranging my gear to improve space usage.  I picked up my Sony CD player from 1990 and had forgotten how heavy it was and made me think of the following question:

Question:

Anyone have any theories as to why Sony stopped producing/designing TOTL A/V gear?  Sure they have the XA-9000ES and XA-5400ES, etc., but these units seem pale in comparison to the likes of SCD-1, TA-N1, or even something like an CDP-X7xxES series player.  Are the reasons as simple as: No/low demand for TOTL, too expensive, management change in Sony, etc.  Does anyone still think that Sony is producing quality gear that is comparable to the stuff from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's?

frahengeo
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by robmlisanti » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:47 pm

On 2008-06-22 03:13, ShadowLord wrote:

Nice setup !

robmlisanti
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

Previous

Return to Home Theater Gallery