[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:46 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment

Shadow Lord's HT & A/V equipment

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by ShadowLord » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Finally got all the wires and mess cleaned up and put everything in my old school tower.

From the top:

STR-K840P

Break out box for Sharp TV

TC-WA9ES

SLV-R1000

HTPC

PS3

DVP-NS9100ES

DVP-CX777ES

Not pictured:

1. B&W speakers

2. PS-X555ES

3. TA-N90ES

4. TA-N9000ES

5. RM-NX7000 Remote

6. HR10-250

To Do:

1. Get a new home for everything. As it stands the rack is VERY full and gets hot (hence the AMPS not being anywhere close to it). This unfortunately has to wait until we move as I don't want to buy furniture which will not work in a new place.

2. Replace the STR-K840P w/ a x400ES series receiver. Right now we manually switch inputs on alot of the gear (i.e. I get up and disconnect cables from the back of the unit and connect the component I want...)

3.  Replace the Sharp w/ a Sony TV (see number 2).

It is not the most powerful system out there and it certainly is not the most expensive/fancy (most of it was bought second hand on e-bay) but I like it and it does well enough for me....
ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by dontsleep33 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:43 am

ShadowLord-

Not many people do have the most fancy or expensive stuff but that doesn't make happiness anyway now does it? I listen to my desktop am/fm radio even more than my real stereo.I just happen to like the sound of a full range speaker with no passive crossover Oh well...Nice setup!
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by claudio » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:15 am

Very nice. I was going to say that AV rack must get real hot. But it's a very good setup. I did the same thing, had to wait until I bought/moved in before I bought a new AV rack.

What Sony TV are you looking when you replace the Sharp. Looking forward to the new XBR (XBR6,XBR7) coming out in the fall
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jttar » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:02 pm

ShadowLord,

That AV rack is a full house but I bet that the whole house sounds great! As soon as I saw your name in the Home Theater Gallery section I was looking for pictures of your TA-N9000ES and your "Beast". Hopefully. in another photo shoot.

Your system looks fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to take and share the pics with us.
I love pictures!

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:24 pm

ShadowLord,

Cool setup. I look forward to seeing what new rack you pick out. Have you seen my Slamander AV stand?

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by ShadowLord » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:48 am

On 2008-06-23 11:15, claudio wrote:
Very nice. I was going to say that AV rack must get real hot. But it's a very good setup. I did the same thing, had to wait until I bought/moved in before I bought a new AV rack.

What Sony TV are you looking when you replace the Sharp. Looking forward to the new XBR (XBR6,XBR7) coming out in the fall

Claudio,

I am looking to get the 55" XBR8. The Sharp is a fantastic TV (considering it is a 1080P set I bought back in Dec 2003) so I will need something compelling to replace it. My only regret is the loss of the breakout boxes... I never understood why manufacturers took those away.. Although, with the new AVRs doing all the switching you still only need one cable to the actual TV...

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ShadowLord » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:01 am

On 2008-06-23 22:02, jttar wrote:
ShadowLord,

That AV rack is a full house but I bet that the whole house sounds great! As soon as I saw your name in the Home Theater Gallery section I was looking for pictures of your TA-N9000ES and your "Beast". Hopefully. in another photo shoot.

Your system looks fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to take and share the pics with us.
I love pictures!

Joe

Thanx Jttar.... I am hoping to have a coming out party for the "beastie boys" when their friend the x400ES receiver arrives and is all properly situated w/ the B&Ws.

Frankly I've been looking at racks and nothing out there grabs me... If it looks good it doesn't f(x) well and if it is funtional it aint good looking... Plus with all the components I have, plus some of the restriction, (e.g. the PS-X555ES has to be on a top shelf so that I can easily put in records!) it is not easy.

Of course then there is always the wife   and cost factor to consider to boot!

All I know is that when I move, before I get in, the electrician is going to come by and run a whole mess of wires through the A/V room . Between biamping the fronts/center and having four sets of rears and potentially a trigger line for each of them the speakers alone will need 14 cables. And then there is the ethernet stuff, coax, etc. etc... I also plan doing some AC rewiring for that room alone...   By the time I am done it will be a sweet ass A/V palace where we will all sit on the floor since there won't be any money left for things like furniture!   

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by ShadowLord » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:10 am

On 2008-06-24 16:24, Toli wrote:
ShadowLord,

Cool setup. I look forward to seeing what new rack you pick out. Have you seen my Slamander AV stand?

Toli

Is that the low laying one underneath the TV? If so it is sweet looking, and I was seriously considering something like that until I got my speakers and realized only one thing could go under my tv:

-----------------
Aquos LCD 46" (awaiting XBR8), HR10-250, Custom HTPC, SLV-R1000, PS3 80GB, DVP-NS9100ES, DVP-CX777ES, STR-K840P, TA-N90ES, TA-N9000ES, B&W 700s, PS-X555ES w/ Orotofon X5-MC, TC-WA9ES.

ShadowLord
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Toli » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:03 am

ShadowLord,

I believe that your center speaker can be wall mounted (via a mounting hole on the rear of the speaker), so you could actually still get a stand if you want, not that it has to be my stand. You could mount the speaker above or below the TV, or even set the center speaker right on the stand.

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by SPCOOLIN » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:57 am

Speaking of stands...I looked a long time, and then bought these from VTI...I plan on adding more as needed...

They are very configurable in most any shape or combo, and the legs can be filled for resonance dampening...I find the build quality to be quite good for the price too...

Here is a link to the site I ordered from... http://www.racksandstands.com/VTI-BLS50-VI1064.html  They have many photos & color combos...

Steve~

SPCOOLIN
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery