[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - My Sony Home Theatre

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:18 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My Sony Home Theatre

My Sony Home Theatre

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Bravia_Rules » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Hi All

I have 2 Sony set ups in my home

The biggest one is in the living room and is my home theatre

It has the Bravia XBR4 52" sitting on the BDI cabinet
Flanking the TV is an XBOX 360 Elite and Playstation 3 consoles
Tucked in behind the TV is a Apple Express which is attached to the receiver so that I can stream my itunes from the laptop.

Inside the cabinet are:

Toshiba HD-A30 HD DVD
BDP-S300 Blu-ray
STR-DA3300ES  HDMI Receiver
Motorola DCT3416 Dual Tuner HD PRV cable Box
RDR-HX750 160GB DVD Recorder
Mini-Disc Deck MDS-JE500
EC-C200 Hi8 Player
SLV-R1000 SVHS Recorder

All are controlled by the Harmony 880

The front and center speakers are Tannoy.
Originally I had tannoy rear speakers which I attached to the wall but I didn't like seeing them so I bought Monitor Audio GS20 tower speakers which blend into the background better.

My bedroom system is Sony of course

I have a 32" Bravia HD TV
an older ES Receiver
Sony 160 HD DVD recorder (previous years model to the living room one)
Same Motorola Cable box as living room
Another Toshiba HD DVD player
5 Disc Sony DVD Player

Originally the Playstation 3 was attached to the bedroom system and was used as the Blu-Ray player for movies but once I got the living room setup done in January it was moved down there.

The bedroom system is not used much now.

Bravia_Rules
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by claudio » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:39 am

Very nice Home Theater. You have have everything. Only thing missing is a Nintendo WII   

Also, on your laptop monitor not sure if that is a screenshot of your bedroom home theater.  It looks like a Wall mounted 32 inch LCD in the picture

Claudio
Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Toli » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:10 am

Bravia_Rules,

Nice looking system and great pics!

Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Bravia_Rules,

Greetings and Welcome!

Beautiful room and pictures. You have a very impressive system. I also own the Harmony 880 remote. It never ceases to amaze me what a nice job it does controlling everything.

Thank you for giving us a look at your fantastic system. Hope to see more of your posts.

Joe

jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Bravia_Rules » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:40 pm

On 2008-06-05 11:39, claudio wrote:
Very nice Home Theater. You have have everything. Only thing missing is a Nintendo WII   

Also, on your laptop monitor not sure if that is a screenshot of your bedroom home theater.  It looks like a Wall mounted 32 inch LCD in the picture

Claudio

Thanks Claudio
Not sure where I would fit the Wii   

The graphic on the computer is a sort of mock up of what I wanted the living room setup to be. At first I thought of mounting the Bravia on the wall but then when I found the BDI cabinet I decided it would be better sitting on that and mounting 2 shelves on the wall above the TV for cases holding DVD's

Here is a photo of my bedroom set up I had to modify the wallunit a bit to fit the 32" Bravia in it.

I have my second MacBook hooked up to the TV to play movies that I have stored on an external harddrive attached to the macbook which is in the unit next to the center TV one.

Bravia_Rules
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Bravia_Rules » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:44 pm

On 2008-06-06 00:12, jttar wrote:
Bravia_Rules,

Greetings and Welcome!

Beautiful room and pictures. You have a very impressive system. I also own the Harmony 880 remote. It never ceases to amaze me what a nice job it does controlling everything.

Thank you for giving us a look at your fantastic system. Hope to see more of your posts.

Joe

Thank Joe.
I am thrilled with the Harmony 880 I have 2 of them one for the bedroom system as well as the living room theatre. When I set up the living room theatre there were at least 8 black remotes lined up on the coffee table and it was a horror story trying to grab the right one so programing the 880 to do all the macro commands saved my sanity...  
Bravia_Rules
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:41 pm

Excellent setups and excellent photos!  Well done!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by robmlisanti » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:47 am

On 2008-06-06 00:40, Bravia_Rules wrote:

On 2008-06-05 11:39, claudio wrote:

Claudio

Thanks Claudio
Not sure where I would fit the Wii   

The graphic on the computer is a sort of mock up of what I wanted the living room setup to be. At first I thought of mounting the Bravia on the wall but then when I found the BDI cabinet I decided it would be better sitting on that and mounting 2 shelves on the wall above the TV for cases holding DVD's

Here is a photo of my bedroom set up I had to modify the wallunit a bit to fit the 32" Bravia in it.

I have my second MacBook hooked up to the TV to play movies that I have stored on an external harddrive attached to the macbook which is in the unit next to the center TV one.

Nice set-up...beautiful wall unit too!

robmlisanti
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by winttery » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:07 pm

how  well-equipped your home is.
the picture is very clear,too.

winttery
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Home Theater Gallery