[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - OPCAR Home Theater

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:09 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - OPCAR Home Theater

OPCAR Home Theater

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by mykyll2727 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:02 am

Danijel_Good point!

Have you done anything "new" lately with those fine systems of yours?_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by RideTheSolarWinds » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Yes, any updates would be greatly appreciated! I must admit I keep clicking on your thread just to have a look at your fantastic photos of your incredible setup. I've always preferred black hardware for my hi-fi components (receiver, players etc...) but you have certainly swayed me. This is the best colour co-ordination I have seen in a hi-fi/home theatre setup.

Now I've got a bit of a dilemma you might be able to help me out with. I have 2 SA-WX700 subs and I am quite happy with them; they sound clean, tight and musical (as you mentioned earlier).

BUT I've recently had the itch to bite the bullet and grab an SA-WX900 (undoubtedly a second eventually ). I'm guessing there is a huge difference between the 900 and the 700? Does the 900 produce much under 20hz? Also does it pack a lot more punch/volume?
RideTheSolarWinds
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by mykyll2727 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:28 pm

I'd be interested in the comparison as well!

I've always been partial to silver audio gear. I loved the look of my main system. It was just a year or so ago that it was two racks of all silver (Almost all ES) components. It was like that for years and the star of the show was my STR-DA9000ES but times have forced a change unfortunately. Now one rack, the "music" side, is all silver while the "AV" rack is black. The AV side has things like the AV receiver, Blu-ray player, satellite box and wireless receiver, VCR ( never used, just there), and I plan on addding a black 5ch power amp. The amp will be used to power the center, surrounds and surround back speakers. Probably a used Emotiva. Right now I'm using the AV receiver for those duties. By adding the power amp I can relieve the receiver from that and turn it into a processor while adding more power and hopefully better dynamics to the ancillary speakers. My silver Verastarr SSA-644 is a 6ch amp and I'm using it to tri-amp my mains. It's capable of >800wX6 into the 4ohm load of my mains._mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

Previous

Return to Home Theater Gallery