[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - OPCAR Home Theater

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:35 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - OPCAR Home Theater

OPCAR Home Theater

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by OPCAR » Thu May 10, 2012 12:19 pm

On 2012-05-09 22:56, mykyll2727 wrote:
The color thing is ironic. Here it was only available in silver. I can understand the rarity. They are very rare here too. I must admit I sorely miss seeing that big, silver beauty in my main system. I think I always will. It's a very special piece.

Good luck with the hunt!!_mykl

Thanks Mykl, I'm gonna need it!

Regarding the color thing, I know all about it, I didn't want to buy the BDP-S5000ES BR player because it was  available in black color only, although it is the twin sister of my DVP-NS9100ES by the looks :(. Why Sony decided to do that is beyond me???
Also, I didn't want to buy any older ES components, because they were available in gold and black color only.

It seems that in Europe, the safest bet for color matching components from different generations is the  black color.

Danijel

OPCAR
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by RideTheSolarWinds » Thu May 17, 2012 7:37 pm

OPCAR - After reading your signature I figured I'd come to see if you had any photos in the gallery, however I did not expect this! Your speakers and components are works of art. STUNNING to say the least.

I've got to say I prefer the colour your X series are in (maple? with beautiful metallic grey highlights) to mine (black and... black). They look much more expensive, refined and classy.

How are the SA-WX700 and 900 subs? I would love to get one (or 2) to complete my setup but they are  impossible to find.

Your house is nothing less than a dream setup! Audio bliss in every room.
RideTheSolarWinds
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by OPCAR » Sun May 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi RideTheSolarWinds,

sorry for the late reply.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is great when somebody appreciate all of your hard work.
I prefer the maple (it was written "wood-veine" on the original boxes) to black color for my X-series speakers myself, especially that I have silver colored components.
One of my friends have two SS-X70EDs in black color, and I have to tell you that you got prettier looking speakers, because the X-series speakers for the Europian market haven't had that aluminium parts clear lacquered, but rather non-glossy.

The SA-WX900 and WX700 subs are awesome! They are worth every cent you pay for them! They are VERY musical (push-pull construction in a sealed box) and they compliment my systems beautifully. (maybe I know where you can find one or two SA-WX900 in maple color, if you are interested?)

Thank you, I enjoy living in an audio bliss every day!

Best regards,
Danijel
OPCAR
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by mykyll2727 » Sun May 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Danijel_I had two SA-WX700 subs but always wanted the WX900. They were EXTREMELY rare here in the US even when they were in production. Which apparently wasn't very long here. Could you PM me about where I might find one or two?_mykl
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by OPCAR » Sun May 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi Mykyll,

PM sent

regards,
Danijel
OPCAR
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by RideTheSolarWinds » Sun May 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Thanks a lot for the info OPCAR. It does sound like I got lucky with the gloss finish, it adds a lot of class and quality. I actually gave the cabinets a good clean last night and they came up fantastic! The black gloss finish is also metallic, there are flakes of blue and green throughout which looks terrific (though still not as good as yours I must admit!).

I would be very interested in an SA-WX900 (or 2 depending on price). That would complete my dream setup!
RideTheSolarWinds
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by OPCAR » Mon May 21, 2012 12:43 am

Hi RideTheSolarWinds,

PM sent to you, too.

regards,
Danijel
OPCAR
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by RideTheSolarWinds » Mon May 21, 2012 2:24 am

Unfortunately I think I am unable to access private messages?
RideTheSolarWinds
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by OPCAR » Mon May 21, 2012 3:02 am

On 2012-05-21 06:24, RideTheSolarWinds wrote:
Unfortunately I think I am unable to access private messages?

Hi RideTheSolarWinds,

Sorry to hear that. You shoud check with the board administrators about that problem.

Regarding the SA-WX900:

I know that they had 2 pcs., some three months ago. They are still listed on their website.

http://www.acssony.si/site/index.php?mod=product&productid=3231&producttitle=Aktivni%20globokotonec%20SA-WX900

You should speak to Mykyll first if you decide to buy the subwoofer(s), maybe he is interested too.

Good luck.

best regards,
Danijel
-----------------
2x STR-DA7100ES, 2x DVP-NS9100ES, 2x SS-X90ED, 7x SS-X70ED, 1x SS-CNX70, 4x SS-X30ED, 1x SA-WX900, 1x SA-WX700, ....

OPCAR
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by RideTheSolarWinds » Mon May 21, 2012 3:19 am

Cheers for that, it's incredible that they still have brand new SA-WX900 subs in stock after all these years!

Mykyll you are of course welcome first to get the subs, if you do not want them or only purchase one I will be happy to buy.

The only problem is I'm not sure if they ship internationally?
RideTheSolarWinds
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery