[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - First Upgrade

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:14 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - First Upgrade

First Upgrade

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Doug_vH » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:17 pm

Just performed the first upgrade to my very modest HT setup.

Started with:
STR-DA3000ES
KDL-V40XBR1
SLV-D360P
Def Tech Promonitor 100 all the way around.

Upgraded / Added
Def Tech
 BP7006 mains
 Mythos 3 center
 BP1.2X surrounds
 Super Cube III
DVP-NC85H
Panamax 5300EX

IMHO the Panamax may well have been the best bang for the buck.

I have been lurking around the site for some time now, getting ideas and drooling over alot of the HTs out there. So I figured it was time to finally post. -Doug KDL-V40XBR1 STR-DA3000ES Super Cube III Mythos 3 center BP7006 front BP1.2X surrounds Panamax 5300

Doug_vH
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:31 pm

Doug_vH,

Greetings and welcome. Glad to see that you have quit lurking and decided to join in on the fun. I also spent weeks checking out Agoraquest before I decided to join trying to get a feel for the forum and it's members.

Thanks for posting the great picture of your Home Theater setup and sharing with us. Glad to hear that your so satisfied with your new
Panamax 5300. There are several forum members including myself that use Panamax line conditioners and have a high regard for them.

Now that you are a member I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Joe (aka BeastMaster)
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:55 pm

On 2007-03-06 23:17, Doug_vH wrote:

IMHO the Panamax may well have been the best bang for the buck.

Doug_vH,

Congrats on your system upgrades, it all looks great! My Panamax units were also one of my best upgrades.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by SPCOOLIN » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:33 am

Hi Doug_vH....Welcome !

I am a big fan of Def Tech's products...and Panamax as well...(see below)

I'm just curious after looking at your picture....

Have you experimented with placement of your BP7006's ?

In the picture they Look like they are very close to the wall....Do you find that placement best for your room and tastes ?

I have found that my Bi-Polar mains further away (12-13") from the wall works best for me, and I also angle them slightly inward toward my listening position....This seems to widen the sound stage with the rear drivers reflecting outward off the front wall toward the corners of the room....

Just thought it might be something you may want to play with if you had not already...

I would also be very interested as a Def Tech fan of how you have the crossovers in the DA3000ES setup for your speakers...

I also have the Panamax 5300EX which does not show up in the Sig below...Ran out of room 

Steve~
SPCOOLIN
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Doug_vH » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:50 am

Steve,

I have not yet tried moving the BPs out from the wall. the current setup of the room doesn't allow for it. This summer the room is going to be gutted and redone so I'll have to wait till then.

At the moment I've got the crossover at 70Hz and am very pleased with the sound levels.

-Doug
Doug_vH
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Home Theater Gallery