[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Toli's Home Theater

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:44 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Toli's Home Theater

Toli's Home Theater

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by mykyll2727 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:52 am

Toli_Great job!!! Looks fantastic and I'm sure it sounds just as good. That's some impressive seating too. It must be a true pleasure to sit in them and enjoy your impressive system. You should be rightfully very proud of your accomplishment.

BTW how far is Winthrop Harbor from my home town Chicago?_MMMike

mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

by Maxxwire » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:10 pm

On 2006-09-01 14:49, mykyll2727 wrote:

On 2006-08-30 14:53, Maxxwire wrote: Toli- Klipsch is bucking the popular marketing trend of selling ever more powerful amps to power ever more difficult to drive speakers and has chosen to use a traditional low power consumption 16 ohm speaker in their Subwoofer design.~Maxx~

I agree wholeheartedly and I feel they are to be commended!! I feel it'd be great if other makers followed suit._MMMike

That would be great, but Audio is a business and they are constantly thinking of ways to incresae sales and create new markets for their gear.

We've all noticed the move toward more and more power hungry 6 ohm and 4 ohm speakers over the last few years which they have used to create the need for more powerful Amplification to drive them.

Reversing this trend and going back to classic the 8 ohm and 16 ohm speakers would put a serious dent in the Muscle Amp market that specs so well when drving 4 ohm and 2 ohm loads.

I watched the same sort of thing happen in PCM processing. They started with 16 bit processing and soon urged us to upgrade to 18 bit, 20 bit, 24 bit, and then 32 bit floating point.

Now, 20 years later after all of that technological advancement the 16/44.1 chips of 20 years ago are all the rage for their more authentic, natural and Musical sound quality compared to the current $10 24/192 chips and are now selling for $150 ea!

This has taught me that just because the Audio industry is marketing something new doesn't always mean its better. Many times there are trade-offs involved and a move in one direction leaves behind a more valuable aspect of quality.

There are true advancements being made, but it is up to each of us to decide which are marketing hype and which are true improvements that increase the quality of our listening experience.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:06 pm

On 2006-09-01 14:52, mykyll2727 wrote:
Toli_Great job!!! Looks fantastic and I'm sure it sounds just as good. That's some impressive seating too. It must be a true pleasure to sit in them and enjoy your impressive system. You should be rightfully very proud of your accomplishment.

BTW how far is Winthrop Harbor from my home town Chicago?_MMMike

_MMMike, 

Thanks, I am quite pleased with how things are turning out.

The sectional is quite comfortable, and versatile as well. The two recliners recline fully, and it also has a sofa bed with an inner spring mattress.

Winthrop Harbor, IL is on the Illinois/Wisconsin border, about 50 miles North of Chicago. I live between Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI. If you are ever in the area, feel free to drop by and take a listen for yourself.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Craig_Nike » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:34 pm

great job Toli.

I really enjoy seeing other members systems. There are just so many variations of what makes up a home theater/stereo.

Thanks for posting the update.
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:36 pm

Craig- I just saw the DVP NS999ES in your signature. How is it working for you?

Is this an OZ model or have you been out racking up frequent flyer miles on an international equipment buying spree again?

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Craig_Nike » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:36 am

Hi Maxx

Yep, I picked up a refurbed one for a good price and sold my DVP900.
I am loving it, the PAL Progressive Scan is awesome.

I posted a thread in DVD/SACD forum on a direct comparison between the 999 and the 777. I loved the 999 when I first tried it out but after an extended test I found that the 777ES held up well!

I'm still keen to find a DVP9100 soon to test out SACD via iLink.
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:40 am

On 2006-09-17 07:36, Craig_Nike wrote: I'm still keen to find a DVP9100 soon to test out SACD via iLink.

As good as the NS999ES sounds it doesn't have iLink like the NS9100ES has and that's what will really make your STR DA9000ES Digital Receiver come alive and sing!

Its looking like the NS9100ES may be the last Sony Player with iLink capability so if you want the benefits of an all Digital signal path the NS9100ES is the player for you.

Is the NS9100ES or its equivalent available in OZ?

~Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Craig_Nike » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:39 am

Yes Stephen the 9100 is available here in Silver.

It will be mine, oh yes it will be mine! (But not at retail price, I'll be patient. Eventually I'll find a re-furbished one around somewhere).
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:33 am

Craig- I feel that the NS 9100ES/DA9000ES w/iLink interface will take its place in Sony history with the CDP R-1/DAS R-1 and like that 1987 Digital Duo it will be admired and sought out for decades to come by Sony Purists.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by wallew » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:24 pm

Toli,
Looks like you got your wiring work done!  Looks great.  Bet it sounds even better.

I LOVE the blue wire.  I've got to purchase another roll for the connection wiring and you were right.  The blue wire just 'jumps out' at you.

How tough was it to make all those connections.  I ask, because you know I'm going to be going through the same thing here eventually.  I just don't have the spare $$ right now.  I seem to be saying that a lot these days.

GREAT JOB T!

jim
A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.
"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.
When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE is not your friend.
When in doubt EMPTY THE MAGAZINE.
wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery