[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Toli's Home Theater

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:02 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Toli's Home Theater

Toli's Home Theater

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by dontsleep33 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:21 am

Nice setup Toli.I bet it sounds as good as it looks too.
dontsleep33
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jehill » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:22 am

Not too shabby, Toli!  Have you decided how you are going to dress the wiring behind your new stand?  Incidentally, you now need to correct your signature to reflect the change.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Toli » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:30 am

On 2006-08-29 14:21, dontsleep wrote:
1. Nice setup Toli.

2. I bet it sounds as good as it looks too.

dontsleep,

1. Thanks, I really like how it turned out.

2. In my opinion it does. If you ever in the area, you are invited to stop by and listen for yourself.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:35 am

On 2006-08-29 15:22, jehill wrote:
Not too shabby, Toli!  Have you decided how you are going to dress the wiring behind your new stand?  Incidentally, you now need to correct your signature to reflect the change.

jehill,

Thanks for the compliment, it was a fun project.

What should I add to my signature? If you mean the two additional surrounds, I did that on Sunday.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jehill » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:09 pm

You no longer are using the SU-GW1 stand, right?
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Toli » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:34 pm

On 2006-08-29 16:09, jehill wrote:
You no longer are using the SU-GW1 stand, right?

John,

I was so excited about the speakers and the wiring, somehow I forgot to take the SU-GW1 out of my signature. I am changing that right now.

Thanks,

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:49 pm

Toli- So your KSW-15 Subwoofer runs a 16 ohm driver. 16 ohm 15" drivers used to be quite common, but I had not seen one in years until now.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:41 am

Maxx,

Yes, you are correct, my KSW-15 Subwoofer runs a 16 ohm driver. Why do you suppose you haven't seen one for awhile? Did they just stop making them, or was there a reason?

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:53 am

Toli- Its hard to sell more and more powerful Subwoofer amps to someone who is using a 16 ohm Subwoofer speaker because it only requires 1/4 as much power to drive as the common 4 ohm speakers you see in most Subwoofers these days.

Klipsch is bucking the popular marketing trend of selling ever more powerful amps to power ever more difficult to drive speakers and has chosen to use a traditional low power consumption 16 ohm speaker in their Subwoofer design which I find very honest and refreshing way to produce tremendous sounding high SPL Sub-Bass with a minimum of power from a company that's been doing just that since Paul Klipsch first got his speaker patents for the super efficient 104 dB/w/m Klipschorn in 1937!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mykyll2727 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:49 am

On 2006-08-30 14:53, Maxxwire wrote:
Toli- Its hard to sell more and more powerful Subwoofer amps to someone who is using a 16 ohm Subwoofer speaker because it only requires 1/4 as much power to drive as the common 4 ohm speakers you see in most Subwoofers these days.

Klipsch is bucking the popular marketing trend of selling ever more powerful amps to power ever more difficult to drive speakers and has chosen to use a traditional low power consumption 16 ohm speaker in their Subwoofer design which I find very honest and refreshing way to produce tremendous sounding high SPL Sub-Bass with a minimum of power from a company that's been doing just that since Paul Klipsch first got his speaker patents for the super efficient 104 dB/w/m Klipschorn in 1937!

~Maxx~

I agree wholeheartedly and I feel they are to be commended!! I feel it'd be great if other makers followed suit._MMMike
mykyll2727
Sony Fanatic
Sony Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery