[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Toli's Home Theater

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:26 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Toli's Home Theater

Toli's Home Theater

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Toli » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:18 am

Hi Guys,

As I promised, here are the pictures of my rewired home theater. Please don't laugh at my wiring management (behind the stand), as that part isn't complete and is still quite a mess. I will post updated pictures once I decide what method I will be using for wire management.

Toli

Here is the main part of my home theater:

This is the seating area where we watch from:

Surround speaker with the new wire, plugs and wallplate:

This is the rear surround:

Here is my back of my new rear surrounds with the same:

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by LONGBUCKS » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:15 am

Looks great Toli.  The angled brackets look like a great way to enjoy your Klipsch  and 7.1.  How difficult were those to mount like that?  The blue wires even match the blue multi-channel decoding light.

Dave
LONGBUCKS
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:57 am

Toli- Your new speaker installation looks just great!

It looks so clean and neat that it is a clear confirmation that it took a great deal of preparation and effort to make it appear as though it was an easy install!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Toli » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:00 pm

On 2006-08-28 11:15, LONGBUCKS wrote:
Looks great Toli.  The angled brackets look like a great way to enjoy your Klipsch  and 7.1.  How difficult were those to mount like that?  The blue wires even match the blue multi-channel decoding light.

Dave

LONGBUCKS,

Thanks for the compliment. I really like how my project turned out, not bad for a day's work. I also like the speaker mounts as they work well. I have the exact same Omnimount 20.0 speaker mounts on all four KSF-S5 surrounds, and they were easy to mount. All that was really needed was the template, a level and two available studs in the wall. I prefer mounting the speaker mounts to a stud, especially when the speaker is over 5 lbs., as I don't trust the drywall to hold a 13 lb. speaker plus the mount.

It's funny that you mention the blue light, as that is about the exact color of the wire! I left the wire from the wallplates to the speakers a little longer than I normally would, just to show off the wire.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:51 pm

On 2006-08-28 14:57, Maxxwire wrote:
Toli- Your new speaker installation looks just great!

It looks so clean and neat that it is a clear confirmation that it took a great deal of preparation and effort to make it appear as though it was an easy install!

~Maxx~

Maxx,

Thank you, that is quite a compliment, especially from someone who has put so much time and effort into perfecting his own system.

Due to the way my house is constructed and the way the room is situated, it created quite a project and pretty much took my whole Saturday. Then on Sunday, I spent several hours assembling the speaker wire and plugs for the outside portion of the installation (from the wallplates to the receiver and speakers).

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:20 pm

Toli,

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. You did a fantastic job of installation. I'll bet those Klipsch surrounds sound as good as they look.

In attempts to better see those first two pics I lightened them up a bit and am taking the liberty of posting them so that others can see your great system a little better. If you have any objections just say the word and they are gone. Again, thanks for giving us a look into the Toli home theater. BTW, great looking leather sectional!

Joe

jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Toli » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:36 pm

On 2006-08-28 23:20, jttar wrote:
Toli,

1. Thank you so much for posting the pictures. You did a fantastic job of installation. I'll bet those Klipsch surrounds sound as good as they look.

2. In attempts to better see those first two pics I lightened them up a bit and am taking the liberty of posting them so that others can see your great system a little better. If you have any objections just say the word and they are gone. Again, thanks for giving us a look into the Toli home theater.

3. BTW, great looking leather sectional!

Joe

Joe,

1. Thanks, everything looks and sounds great. It was alot of work, but it was worth it.

2. Thanks for touching up the pics. I would have done that before posting, but the original picture was much larger and didn't look quite that dark. But during posting the pics were made smaller, and then it was clear how dark they really were. I did the posting while at work, and didn't have the ability to lighten them. Thanks again.

3. The sectional is quite comfortable in all seats. It also has two recliners and a queen sized sofa bed that has an innerspring mattress.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by maverick11359 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:18 pm

Gaday Toli,
              Looks Fantastic !
 Your wall brackets,wall outlets and wiring are perfect!
  The componet stand and set up looks great !

Looks like your next bit of fun will be the 3T's ! fine Tunning , Tweaking while drinking plenty of Tea .Not to be mistaken for the DT's that only happens when you cant find that dam weak link (just kidding).

cheers MaveRick. 

maverick11359
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by rb » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:24 am

Toli, nice job it looks great!!  Where is the DA7100?  Is that it at the bottom right?
rb
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Toli » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:42 am

rb,

Yes, that's my DA7100ES in the bottom right. My H/T room is extra dark now, because I broke a light during the installation. Hopefully you can see it a little better in this picture.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery