[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Dolby Digital 5.1 HT

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:39 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Dolby Digital 5.1 HT

Dolby Digital 5.1 HT

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Craig_Nike » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:12 am

Nice system, avatar, very sharp.
Nice Jehillism - getting yourself in the picture.
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jehill » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:30 am

Humm!  I forgot about that one!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Maxxwire » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:20 pm

The near perfect centering of the reflection of the picture in the TV shows great attention to detail.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by avatar74 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:23 am

Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by avatar74 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:27 am

Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:56 am

On 2005-12-17 13:23, avatar74 wrote:

On 2005-12-16 16:20, Maxxwire wrote:
The near perfect centering of the reflection of the picture in the TV shows great attention to detail.

~Maxx~

Actually it's a bit to the left, you'll notice. I had to move my couch a bit to make room for the right surround, and I haven't adjusted the TV, fronts, sub, center and the picture frames above the TV and couch.

But of course I'm centered in the picture because I'm taking the photograph... Unless the reflecting surface isn't at a right angle, you'll always be in the center of a photograph of your reflection.

First of all I said "near perfect" centering and I was refering to the reflection in the TV screen not the picture as a whole.
Maybe I should have stated my frame of reference more clearly.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by avatar74 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:11 pm

Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:39 am

There's certainly nothing wrong with having a little fun on Saturday morning is there!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by avatar74 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:56 am

Ok, I did some rearranging. When I moved the TV to center it more with the couch, I moved the LFE to the right (viewer orientation) of the TV.

There were a bunch of cables on that side that were previously obscured by the right front tower and the TV. So it was purely for cosmetic reasons.

Then, I put the right tower to the right of the LFE, per Dolby's specs. I also moved the left tower out further. So the two towers are now properly at 20-25 degree vectors from the central viewing position.

The spatial dynamics were GREATLY increased for both 2.0 channel stereo music listening and 5.1 channel surround. In fact, a good bench test for stereo dynamics is Madonna's "Immaculate Collection."

Produced in 2nd generation Qsound DSP, the 3-D stereophony only works when the speakers are properly oriented in relation to the listener. Too close together, or too far apart, and the 3-D imaging won't be optimally apparent. When the fronts are properly aligned, the Qsound tracks on that album should be entirely indiscernible from discrete surround polyphony.
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by avatar74 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:24 pm

Oh it totally escaped my mind to add...

Except for the TV cable audio signal, my entire music library is streamed digitally now from my LAN.

AirPort Express supports both analog AND optical on a combo minijack (like MiniDisc) and so I replaced the 1/8" TRS-to-Stereo RCA with an optical mini-to-standard.

So it's like this... iTunes streams the music from the hard drive over WEP-encrypted packets to the AirPort Express which demuxes the signal back into Stereo PCM and feeds it digitally via TosLink to the receiver directly... bypassing all but the DA1000ES receiver's dual 32-bit DACs.

There are transmission errors here and there, but they're noticed only as discrete cutouts of the signal due to Wi-fi interference. Other than that, it's about as clean fidelity as one can get without stepping up to 24-bit PCM original master recordings.

AirTunes (iTunes with remote speakers detected) converts all tracks to Apple Lossless, which is basically Dolby AAC VBR encoding. The result is basically indistinguishable from 16-bit linear PCM because it's a lossless format that gets demuxed back to 16-bit linear PCM direct digital into the receiver via the TosLink feed.
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery