[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My burgeoning HT setup.

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:40 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My burgeoning HT setup.

My burgeoning HT setup.

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by BornAnew2001 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:25 pm

Now that I have my components arranged the way they're going to stay, I figure I'm safe posting a picture of my setup.  The next step is probably going to be upgrading my receiver and speakers, but that'll take some time; the TV is enough to pay for right now.

Sony KDF-E42A10 TV
Toshiba SD-6980 DVD/SACD/DVD-A player
Sony Dolby/DTS receiver
Sony 5-disc CD carousel
Xbox
PS2
Gamecube
DISH receiver (non-HD for now)
Pelican System Selector Pro (awesome)
Yamaha center and front speakers (sub and surrounds not pictured)
Belkin PureAV 30800-10 power center/battery backup
BornAnew2001
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by KATZ » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:57 pm

Very nice! I love your equipment rack. What kind is it, and, if you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

How do you like the 42 incher. I have a 2004 model 50" and wouldn't give it up for anything. (Ok, maybe I'd give it up for the 70" Qualia but I'm $13,000 short of being able to pay for it!) KATZ
KATZ
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:08 pm

BornAnew2001,

What a nice tidy system. You sure are taking full advantage of the gorgeous stand. Everything fits in just right. Thanks for taking the time to post the picture and for sharing your system with us. Nice job.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by BornAnew2001 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:05 pm

The stand is by Condor (an inexpensive import company), and it set me back a whopping $140.  I work at a furniture store, and this is one of the few stands that's come through that has caught my eye.  I got it as much for the functionality as for the style, though; I have a very limited space along one particular wall in which to arrange everything, and I just couldn't fit the 42" stand and a separate audio rack.  Thus the 60" stand.
BornAnew2001
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jttar » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:18 pm

BornAnew2001,

I can't believe that you purchased that stand for only $140 bucks.   What a great deal on such a sharp looking piece of furniture. I love the front edge on each of the glass shelves. It really does look like one of the "high priced" models. Quite the bargin.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:49 am

Joe- I suspect that the $140 price for the equipment stand included an employee's discount.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:59 pm

Maxx,

I believe that you are correct, there has to be an employee discount involved.

BornAnew2001, do you know what the MSRP is on that stand?

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:40 pm

I wouldn't be suprised if it cost around $300.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by mroctober » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:31 am

How do you like the television? I am very interested in purchasing the 42 inch model very soon.

I do know that the HD quality is very nicely viewed, but how does the non HD channels look?

I just want to make sure I get a quality product.

thanks guys

mroctober
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:35 pm

mroctober,

See my reply to you in your post in the Getting Started/Home Theater section of this forum.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Home Theater Gallery