[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My never ending HT..

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:40 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My never ending HT..

My never ending HT..

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by TritonMan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:56 am

I figured I would join in and post a couple pictures of my HT which is always getting something done to it.

Here is a list of equipment being used..

Sony ES STR DA-5000ES
Sony ES DVP-CX777ES
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD DVR
Sony VPL-HS20
Pronto TSU-3000 w/RFX6000 PRONTO RF EXTENDER
Art 351 31 Band 1/3 octave EQ (x2)
Behringer DSP-1124P Parametric EQ
Slim Device Wireless SqueezeBox
Polk Audio RTi10 (Fronts)
Polk Audio CSi5 (Center)
Polk Audio FXi3 (Rears)
SVS 20-39PCi (Sub)

A stage was built to seperate the cement floor from the speakers. The stage is "hovering" over the cement floor and also does not touch any part of the walls surrounding it. It also has 8 seperated pockets inside with a total of 550 pounds of sand. The screen in the picture is a 16:9 106" pulldown which has been replaced by a DIY 109 1/2".

Basement pic.

Here is a picture of a custom built middle bookshelf made out of Birch. Still needs to get stained. Eventually will be a nice light oak.

Here is the bookshelf "installed"..The old pulldown screen has been replaced with the 109 1/2" DIY as you see below. Next project is to remove the bookshelves on the left and right and build completely new ones to match the center shelf. The new ones will essentially be like kitchen cabinets above the towers and connected to the middle shelf. This way I can acoustically treat the walls behind the speakers and slide them underneath the cabinets to create a nice flush look. The center channel is on top of a custom made box that has 8 braces and made out of 3/4" birch with 50 pounds of sand in it.

Here is the hole I made to put an in-wall rack.

And here is the rack almost to its finish point..needs trim and touch up etc.

I still have a bunch of work to do and i am constantly doing something in the basement to make it better etc.
TritonMan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maggiefan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:01 pm

You have a beautiful system and have done very nice work to bring it all together. Well done. I'm sure you will have many years of enjoyment from it.
Maggiefan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:55 pm

TritonMan,

WOW! Nice job. Your precision detail shows the dedication that you have to your wonderful system. I can't tell for sure but is ceiling acoustically treated also? Your many hours of work have not been wasted. The room looks fantastic and I would bet sounds the same. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and sharing with us.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by TritonMan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:24 pm

On 2005-11-03 21:55, jttar wrote:
TritonMan,

WOW! Nice job. Your precision detail shows the dedication that you have to your wonderful system. I can't tell for sure but is ceiling acoustically treated also? Your many hours of work have not been wasted. The room looks fantastic and I would bet sounds the same. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and sharing with us.

Joe

Yep..the ceiling is acoustically treated. All wires were done with banana wall plates and the system is pre-wired for 7.1. There are banana plates on the bottom of the stage as well so the wire go right down into the stage.

I still have many moons to go. Thanks for the kind words as well
TritonMan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by TritonMan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:25 pm

On 2005-11-03 20:01, Maggiefan wrote:
You have a beautiful system and have done very nice work to bring it all together. Well done. I'm sure you will have many years of enjoyment from it.

Thank you much Its constantly being updated and I still have a bunch of projects to do.
TritonMan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by TritonMan » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:43 pm

Figured I would add a before picture of the HT in one of its transition phases..The speakers in this picture are my old Home Theater Direct Level III's.

Here is the "ole" sweet spot seat. The seat is about 18' away from the screen. The section of the couch where i sit is a real nice comfortable chaise
The glare on the screen is from the flash reflecting off the movie posters.

TritonMan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:51 pm

You have put a lot of thought into the work that you have done on your Home Theater and it shows! Your DA5000ES is one lucky Receiver to be in such a nice home.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by TritonMan » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:06 am

On 2005-11-04 03:51, Maxxwire wrote:
You have put a lot of thought into the work that you have done on your Home Theater and it shows! Your DA5000ES is one lucky Receiver to be in such a nice home.

~Maxx~

Thank you.

Im in the process of trying to get hold of a NAD amplifier to just push the RTi10's up front for 2 channel listening and to be able to run then Large during movies. For some reason the 5000es does not like them running large during movies..it tends to shut itself of after a while.
TritonMan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:46 am

A NAD 2 channel power amp sounds like a good soution. A friend of mine had a 100 wpc NAD Power Amp running the front channels in his Home Theater and it was easily capable of peeling the paint right off of the walls!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by wallew » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:25 pm

TritonMan,

I LOVE IT!!!

Your setup gives me ideas of how to approach my basement HT.  I've got the 5000ES myself attached to nine SSK90ED's in my great room on the main level.  I have eleven SSK90ED's awaiting for me once I find a 9000ES to attach to them.

How do you like the 777ES?  I have yet to figure out which DVD player to purchase. 

How do you like the Sony HS20?  I've got a Toshiba projector upstairs but for downstairs want to go with a Sony.  I may wait a year or so to see how the new SXRD technology shakes out instead of going with the current stuff.

How did the sand work out as the dampener?  I want to rip out some walls in our basement, but the wife has yet to agree.  Things progress quickly in some areas and slowly in others.

Are you cable or satellite?  If satellite, which service, Dish or DirecTv?  I use DirecTv and have been extremely pleased.  I just purchased a Sony HD300 yesterday for DirecTv.  I can't wait to see the results it produces.

YOUR SETUP ROCKS!  How does your WIFE like it?  AND how long has it taken to get to this point?  It's obvious you do most (if not all) of the work your self, which means it's a labor of love.  WAY TO GO!!! Thanks so much for going to ALL the trouble AND for sharing it here with us.  This is WHY I love hanging out here. I can steal all sorts of ideas.  But I DO give credit where credit is due, especially when the wife asks where I got the idea for this or that.

Is that the long aluminum level I see in one of those pictures?  I've been wanting to purchase one, but am hesitant to do so until I speak to someone who already owns one and uses it.

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.
"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.
When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE is not your friend.
When in doubt EMPTY THE MAGAZINE.
wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery