[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Wallew's Home Theater Setup

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:25 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Wallew's Home Theater Setup

Wallew's Home Theater Setup

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by jttar » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:50 pm

rack is on the upper middle left, 100" screen is dead center between the two windows, there is a Sony SS-X500A speaker on the ceiling upper left, lower left is the Toshiba TLP-710 projector, just to the left on the larger window is ONE of my Sony SS-K90ED's.

On the rack is a Sony STR-DA5000ES, below that is the DirecTv receiver (not HD - yet), and then the middle speaker that will be replaced by another SS-K90ED then down is the cheapo DVD and VCR and then my humidor.  To the right on the floor is my Sub which needs to be replaced with a Sony Sub, but I have not gotten that far yet.

On the table on the far left (center of picture) is my Sony Universal Remote, RM-AV2100.  Yes, those are my shoes (Crocs) on the chair, which keeps them safe from my animals.

The old setup with the Sony 53" big screen.  Note the Sony SS-X500A speaker on the ceiling and the SS-K90ED in the left hand corner.  Also note the pictures on the wall that had to be moved once the projector was purchased and installed.

Upper right is another Sony SS-X500A, a Sony SS-K90ED in the middle of the picture, and you can barely make out the Sony SS-K90ED on the right hand side, given how dark the picture is.

NO FLASH, can't see ANYTHING but the screen...
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:40 am

Jim- You have made tremendous progress on your Home Theater over the last few months!

Is there any way that we could see a group photo of your now famous collection of Sony SSK 90ED speakers just to blow our minds?

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by DocVijay » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:11 am

I think you would be very pleased with the results if you got a really nice screen.
DocVijay
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by wallew » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:09 pm

Maxx,
That picture would be difficult for now.  Eleven of them are still downstairs in their boxes.  I think I'm gonna get four or five more and then I will be able to do both 9.1 on the 5kES and 11.1 on the 9kES (still gotta get that one also).  Then I have NOT decided on which set of subs to go with.

Doc,
Yah, the wife and I are talking about that now.  She wants a roll out of the ceiling type, which is fine with me, except the cost is $$$.  I have been told there is a texture that can be spread on the wall like sheet rocking mud but when it dries, it's a screen.

If you or anyone else knows about this, speak up...

I wouldn't mind a screen, but the pictures really don't do justice to what it looks like.  With the flash on, it washes out the whole area.  You CAN see things better, but they are way too light.  WITHOUT the flash, it gives the impression it's WAY darker than it really is.  I can sit here on most days with just the vertical shades drawn (windows face west) and I have excellent viewing.

So that you don't think I'm just snoozin', we (I) have been replacing all the single pane aluminum framed windows with new double pane vinyl clad wood windows - eight down, three to go. So I'm not makin' anyone weep, we (I) am also in the final stages of our kitchen remodel, which entails removing the old counter top and having it replaced with one of those new corian type counters.  All I have to do is remove the old one and then they come and install the new one.  Then a new ceramic tile installed on the back wall.  Then it's Turkey Day!!

Finally, my mother-in-law shows up next Monday and will stay until after Turkey day.  My parents will be here for a week during T day.  So things are a LITTLE hectic, but all will come together in the next couple of weeks.  Thank God my wife is taking her Mom to Jackson Hole, Wy on a job with her for the next two weeks or so...

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.
"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.
When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE is not your friend.
When in doubt EMPTY THE MAGAZINE.
wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:27 pm

Jim,

It sounds like your going to have a full house for Turkey Day. At least they will have a wonderful view of the Macy's Day Parade.

Although the pictures did turn out dark without the flash it does look like a great setup with an  impressive size screen.

Once your done with your home improvements and your company leaves perhaps you will have some time to get into those 9.1 and 11.1 systems. If you need someone to host/post the pictures just send me a PM and it will be my pleasure to help.

Thanks for letting us have a look at your setup.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Navmaster » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:11 am

On 2005-10-05 18:09, wallew wrote:

I wouldn't mind a screen, but the pictures really don't do justice to what it looks like.  With the flash on, it washes out the whole area.  You CAN see things better, but they are way too light.  WITHOUT the flash, it gives the impression it's WAY darker than it really is. 

Wallew,

Depending on your camera, you may want to try using a tripod and a very slow shutter speed.  Use a high ISO setting and let the camera shoot with ambient light, without the flash.

It's easier with a Digital SLR but then thats a lot of money to spend to show off your system on Agoraquest... Nice to have a Digital SLR though "wink"....

Scott

Nikon D-70
Navmaster
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by DocVijay » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:35 am

On 2005-10-05 18:09, wallew wrote:
Yah, the wife and I are talking about that now. She wants a roll out of the ceiling type, which is fine with me, except the cost is $$$. I have been told there is a texture that can be spread on the wall like sheet rocking mud but when it dries, it's a screen.

There are also some paints that you can apply to the wall to make it perform better. The best option though, for best picture quality, will be a dedicated screen.

The motorized one is better if you don't want it visible all the time. But what's more important, a little $$$ or your wife's happiness?
DocVijay
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:59 am

On 2005-10-07 10:35, DocVijay wrote: But what's more important, a little $$$ or your wife's happiness?

Life's just full of little trade-offs isn't it?

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by RickeyM » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:10 pm

A very popular paint I found out about over at AVS Forum is Behr Silverscreen. For less than $20 fo a quart, it'll do great while you save up for that motorized screen. I'm using it now and it looks great. Once up, it looks more of a flat white color than silver but the picture definately looks better than a white wall. If you really want a picture that stands out, frame the painted area with some strips of black velvet.
RickeyM
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by jttar » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:40 pm

Posted for wallew.Here are four more pictures with the added K90ED speakers.  I have yet to purchase new speaker wire (12 ga OFC) or run the wiring from the receiver to the projector.   And the reason the house is such a mess is the wife has been gone for one week and won't be back for another week. 
Jim
 right side with two front and one mid speaker (with hat on it)
The screen I borrowed from a friend with Danica Patrick on it.  Note the component cable currently strung on the ceiling.  I'm waiting for the wife to come home and give me the OK regarding placement, then I will install it and an S-video cable in the wall, about the same place. Life is good...Though I am a HUGE Danica Patrick fan, I thought this picture was more appropriate for the Agoraquest site.  It is a picture of my projection screen AFTER I figured out how to hook up my computer to it.  So NOW I have a 100" computer monitor.  WAY KEWL!
The projector, hung from the ceiling.  If the wife likes this position ( I'm going to shorten the tube it hangs from) then I will run the video wiring in the walls.  If not, I will move it around until she gives me the ok and then run the wiring in the wall.

jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery