[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My home theatre setup in my room....

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:02 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My home theatre setup in my room....

My home theatre setup in my room....

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by wallew » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:50 pm

Reinhart,

I LOVE your set up.  And to sacrafice a bed... WOW!

It appears you are also a prime cadidate for a Universal Remote.  I replaced five remotes with a Sony Universal Remote RM-AV2100.  I love it's learning ability so it works with every peice of gear we have.

Even the wife is learning how to use it, as I removed all the batteries from the old remotes, so she would HAVE to learn how.  And she did.  It's all just repetition.

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.
"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.
When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE is not your friend.
When in doubt EMPTY THE MAGAZINE.
wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:14 pm

On 2005-08-29 16:50, wallew wrote:

Even the wife is learning how to use it, as I removed all the batteries from the old remotes, so she would HAVE to learn how.  And she did.  It's all just repetition.

wallew,

Very clever. It's the old "learn it or go without" method of remote training.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by wallew » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:14 am

Joe,

I have found this method works ONLY if you have the patience to answer the same question over and over again UNTIL the person gets it. 

BUT, there is nothing like seeing the 'light come on' when they finally do.

AND you also have to be willing to admit defeat on occasion and just go back to where you were. 

Fortunately, the wife likes the 'calculator' (as she calls it) instead of five remotes laying around.  So she's trying very hard to understand all the functions.  It's basically a win/win for both of us.
A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.
"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.
When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE is not your friend.
When in doubt EMPTY THE MAGAZINE.
wallew
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:33 am

It has been said that repetition is the law of memory.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Previous

Return to Home Theater Gallery