[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My home theatre setup in my room....

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:47 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My home theatre setup in my room....

My home theatre setup in my room....

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Reinhart » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:54 pm

Here is a hyperlink to the pictures:
http://hometown.aol.com/sonydude32/Reinhart.html 

I'm a student still currently residing with my folks.  This may change in the near future.  Almost all my friends have nothing more than shelf systems, so of course this blows them all out of the atmosphere.  This is all in my bedroom so obviously I sacrificed the comfort of sleeping on a bed for this hobby (I bet that shows some dedication, eh?).

My equipment:

displays:
Sony KV-27S66 27 inch Trinitron display
Mitsubishi CS-2021 21 inch display

vcrs:
Sony SVO-160 VHS hi-fi
Sony SL-HF400 SuperBeta hi-fi
Akai VS-525U VHS hi-fi

videodisc players:
Pioneer DV-578A DVD player
Pioneer DVL-700 DVD/LD player
Yamaha APD-1 AC-3 RF demodulator for AC-3 Dolby Digital LaserDiscs
RCA SGT-250 stereo CED player

interactive entertainment:
Sony SCPH-1001 PlayStation
Sony SCPH-30001 R PlayStation 2
Microsoft X-Box
Nintendo GameCube
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Entertainment System
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Panasonic FZ-1 REAL 3DO Interactive Multiplayer
Magnavox CDI-20 CD-i Player

receiver/amplifier/decoder:
Sony STR-DA4ES 7.1 channel receiver

audio sources:
Sony TC-K707ES 3 head closed loop dual capstan cassette deck
Sony CDP-X229ES single well CD player
Sony PS-X600 Biotracer turntable with Ortofon WMS 20 EO cartridge

loudspeakers (7.1 surround):
2x Optimus Mach Three 3 way stereo mains
4x KLH 900B 3 way bookshelf surrounds
1x RCA PRO-CS55 2 way center channel (Linaeum OEM)
1x Velodyne V-1012B active subwoofer

Please tell me what you all think!  - Reinhart

Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by ROM3000 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:40 am

Wow, this is an awesome setup Reinhart. I'm new to the forum, but I love Sony products and your collection is just awesome. Do you even have a place for a bed?  Well good luck and thanks for sharing your setup.
ROM3000
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Reinhart » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:54 pm

On 2005-08-02 14:40, ROM3000 wrote:
Wow, this is an awesome setup Reinhart. I'm new to the forum, but I love Sony products and your collection is just awesome. Do you even have a place for a bed?  Well good luck and thanks for sharing your setup.

Hey, thanks!

And, no room.  Maybe for an inflatable mat or a cot, but eh, the bed is just additional sound dampening material.

At least there's plenty of room for a great game of Dance Dance Revolution or breaking out the Nintendo power pad for a game of Cross Country on the NES.  - Reinhart
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by jttar » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:50 pm

Reinhart,

That is quite an impressive setup! The fact that you have sacrificed the comfort of sleeping on a bed for the hobby shows that you have your priorities in order.  Thanks for letting us have a peek at your fantastic setup topped off with your DA4ES receiver.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:45 pm

You certainly have a lot of nice equipment there and more game machines than I've ever seen in one man's system!

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Reinhart » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:03 am

On 2005-08-03 01:45, Maxxwire wrote:
You certainly have a lot of nice equipment there and more game machines than I've ever seen in one man's system!

~Maxx~

Thanks!  I know there are some things that would need improvement, though.  I would like to find some way to get the stereo mains higher so they are more at ear level, as well as the fact that the veneer siding on the stereo mains are faded and worn and would love to sand it down, prime it, and then paint it a piano lacquer black.

One thing I can't improve, unfortunately, is the positioning of the front stereo mains: they're too close to everything, especially the stand holding the turntable so feedback distortion from the pickup is a concern here.

As for games, a great sound system makes it all better!  It either helps to draw you more into a great story-based RPG or it makes space shooters more like the arcade, if not better.  Of course, having a Sony display helps, too.  - Reinhart
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Reinhart » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:07 am

On 2005-08-02 23:50, jttar wrote:
Reinhart,

That is quite an impressive setup! The fact that you have sacrificed the comfort of sleeping on a bed for the hobby shows that you have your priorities in order.  Thanks for letting us have a peek at your fantastic setup topped off with your DA4ES receiver.

Joe

Thank you!

For the STR-DA4ES, I like it not only because it's a great receiver but because, heheheh, it's kind of fun knowing that my friend's shelf systems can't compare.

The only friend I know who has something that's better is his stereophonic setup consisting of Harman/Kardon Citation series equipment.  Unfortunately, his KEF reference speakers are out of commission and has to rely on a couple of huge Cerwin-Vega! speakers.  - Reinhart
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:09 am

Unfortunately, his KEF reference speakers are out of commission and has to rely on a couple of huge Cerwin-Vega! speakers.  - Reinhart

Ouch! I've heard an iteration of the $19,000 KEF Reference series speakers and they are some very good sounding speakers.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Reinhart » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:25 pm

The KEFs that my friend has are old; early 1990's vintage.

The bass drivers need new surrounds, but one of the drivers had been overdriven as evidenced by a burnt diaphragm and voicecoils.

He has to acquire a new set of replacement drivers for his KEF speakers as there are no refoaming kits available for the driver as it has an an inner surround where there is normally a traditional dust cap along with the typical outer surround, all made of foam rubber (why they didn't use butyl rubber is something I do not understand, given the pricepoint and overall quality of KEF).

KEF wants approximately $200 for each replacement bass driver and the pair uses four of them, two on each enclosure.  - Reinhart
Reinhart
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Maxxwire » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:40 am

Foam surrounds do have to be replaced every so often. Such expensive speakers should have been made with better surrounds.

My JBL L-100a's have cloth surrounds on the woofer and midrange speaker and are still in tact after 34 years.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery