[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - finally - my HT on a budget (sort of)

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:38 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - finally - my HT on a budget (sort of)

finally - my HT on a budget (sort of)

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Bagdropper » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:36 am

That'll work for now - thanks!

Still wish I could figure out why both my work computer and home PC wouldn't upload them...I followed every rule they got.

What you are looking at is pics of my home system...basically, individual pics of the components, and speaker location, along with a view of everything together. Right now, since I'm tapped out for A/V spending for the year, I'm looking at working on the interconnects as I go...usually, one piece per bi-weekly paycheck. I'll go in-wall with the coax and speaker wire once all the interconnects are done.

I'm really psyched about the sound quality I'm getting right now. The M-45 added tons of...shall I say, clear ooomph to the overall sound. I backed the crossover for the sub in 6 speaker modes down to 60 hz...just the lowest of the lows, seems to blend in with the mains really well now. Plus, moving the clr3000 behind my sitting position, and adding that to the ProSub 60 in the left corner, gives actual depth to the low end...can feel it literally everywhere in my home, yet it doesn't over-power the other frequencies...I just love it. The L/R seperation on stereo sources is more pronounced (this system rocks in DPLII mode on CD's!), and DVD's are out of this world. I used my reference discs (Band of Brothers episode 2 - the German 10-5mm howitzers...BOOM, Kill Bill I - the cartoon scene...yummy, love to hear that hand gun go off) to tune her in. And since my amp ain't running 6 speakers now, the remaining 4 just plain sound better. I'm assuming it's because I plugged the M-45 into a seperate source instead of the switched plug on the amp.

Again, thanks to everyone here for making this an invaluable source of knowledge...I can attribute the receiver, CD player, DVD, and stereo amp additions directly to concepts solidified on this web sight. I'd also like to thank my best friend, whom in his dream theater set up gave me the baseline for which I'd set my system up...I knew if I could get as good of components as him, I'd be going in the right direction (Yammy receiver and M-45, Mitsu 60" 4:3 analog that still looks better than mine, C8ES CD, and Snells all around...fabulous speakers).

Thanks everyone.
Bagdropper
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by Navmaster » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:53 pm

No problem,

I don't think it is your computers that failed you... There seems to be a problem with the ftp upload tool here on Agoraquest. 

If you try to directly upload pictures off of your computer to this site, for some reason it will not work.

I had trouble with it myself... So I just bypassed the upload and did it myself, then just provided a link to the uploaded photos. 

Not everyone has their own server space to do that but it works for me.  I upload pictures for my eBay sales all the time so this was no problem.

Great system!  Don't fret on upgrading if you like the sound you have now... Upgradeitis does not necessarily improve your sound...

Scott

Navmaster
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jehill » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:35 pm

I can definitely confirm that there is a problem with the Agoraquest upload utility.  Its worked in the past, but everytime the web service provider is changed, there are problems.  What's even more irritating is files that have been sucessfully been upoaded and linked to being lost.

The reason that your original links didn't work was that they were to the hard drive on your computer.  The links must be to a web site, such as your personal web site.  Most internet service providers allow you to upload files to a personal web site.  In my case, its http://home.comcast.net/~john.e.hill/.  You can't see anything there unless you add the name of one of the files that I have there, such as DSD1608PAHR.jpg.  that's because I haven't bothered to creat a home page.  The site is hosted in Unix, the significance being that file names are case sensitive.

BTW, I like your system!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Maxxwire » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:41 pm

How often has the web service provider been changed?

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jehill » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:08 pm

At least twice that I know of.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Maxxwire » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:26 pm

I certainly prefer the current service provider over the previous ones. I can remember times when I couldn't access the website and post for days on end which was very frustrating.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jehill » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:37 am

I notice that there are more ads now, but maybe you don't see them.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by jttar » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:16 pm

Maxx,

I like the newest server better also. I too experienced the times when I couldn't connect to Agoraquest with the old server and often it ran so slow that it was frustrating, and that was with my high speed. I can only imagine how it was with dial up service.

John,

You must be seeing the same amount of ads as me. Maybe it's a Comcast thing.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jehill » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:26 pm

I am sure that we are!  No, its definitely not a Comcast thing.  You can see the ads downloaded via Agoraquest.  Occasionally, I have to hit "Refresh" to get to the Agoraquest home page after the ads have been loaded.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Maxxwire » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:25 pm

Joe- With the old server sometimes even when I could get on it would take 3-4 attempts just to access a thread and then it would deny a request to make a reply. It was a very frustrating situation.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Previous

Return to Home Theater Gallery