[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Share your experience with MDR-DS8000 'phones

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Share your experience with MDR-DS8000 'phones

Share your experience with MDR-DS8000 'phones

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by ObiJimKenobi » Sat May 14, 2005 2:46 pm

Regarding the MDR-DS8000 headphones: 
I'm considering the purchase of these pretty and wireless I/R headphones. But can anyone tell me how the transmitter hooks up? Does it require audio outouts? Optical outputs? Does it require a 5.1 channel a/v receiver? Or can I connect them directly to my DVP-NS975V dvd player? Finally, are they any good?
  I appreciate your help and response. At $800 retail this is not a decision to be made hastily!
ObiJimKenobi
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by ObiJimKenobi » Sat May 14, 2005 5:12 pm

I think I just found the answer to at least a part of my question! At SONY-ASIA.COM I found the following in a description of the MDR-DS8000:

• Equipped with 1 Set of Composite Inputs and 2 Optical Inputs
  • Easy Set-Up by Using One Cable for Connection to DVD Player

And even with a retail tag of $800 the following web page is offering mail order at $569.95:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&kw=SOMDRDS8000&is=REG&Q=&O=productlist&sku=287186

I would still appreciate feedback from users who have experience with the MDR-DS8000. Are you happy with the system? Is it effective at reproducing 5.1 and 6.1 channel sound? If you had a chance to buy it again, would you do so?
      Thanks again,
      Obi-Jim-Kenobi
  • ObiJimKenobi
    Sony Buff
    Sony Buff

by jttar » Sat May 14, 2005 7:03 pm

ObiJim,

This section of the forum is used to post and discuss pictures of Home Theaters so you might have a better response posting your question in a different section of the forum. As there is no forum for headphones you might want to try posting this question in OTHER. Click HERE for the link.

Joe
    jttar
    Sony Legend
    Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sat May 21, 2005 11:07 am

Joe's right this should have been posted in a more approprite Forum, but since were already here I would like to say that I have heard the older version of these headphones and all 5 discrete channels were clearly audible. They sounded quite amazing actually.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
    Sony Adept
    Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:00 pm

Calling ObiJim- I found a pair of MDR DS8000 Surround headphones that have been used for only 1 month and are now being resold for only $400-

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?accstwek&1120225934

__Maxx

Maxxwire
    Sony Adept
    Sony Adept

Return to Home Theater Gallery