[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - DAV-LF1

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:27 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DAV-LF1

DAV-LF1

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by badkins100 » Sun May 08, 2005 10:30 am

EDIT: Funny,, the pics show up in edit mode. I tried the upload buttons but they didn't work. What should I do to make pics appear???

I've had this for a few months and it's okay I guess. I'm old school and like the balance/treble knobs and such. This has all on screen adjustments and they are in dB and distances. But I must admit, it has good base and crisp sounds. Several modes of sound like "jazz club", "live concert", etc. I have 18 foot ceilings in my den so it plays really real in here.

This is the control head where you can select which function you want and it also has a disk player for all formats of disks.

I added this DVP-CX985V so I could store and play all my disks. The only thing I HATE about it is I can't delete playing some tracks during music CD shuffle mode.

Mid speaker

Woofer and a speaker. These tower speakers are height adjustable from bookcase size to what you see here.

And this is why I bought this monster. Wireless rear speakers. Pretty cool. You can see the wireless transmitter in the photo above of the control head unit.

My old Trinitron WEGA still has a sharp picture and is good for my close seating.

badkins100
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sun May 08, 2005 7:22 pm

badkins100,

Greetings and welcome. Great pictures! You have a very clean setup with a nice nautical theme going there that I'm sure sounds as good as it looks. That's the first time I have seen the wireless transmitter up close. Thanks for sharing your system with us.
As far as uploading pictures to Agoraquest, sometimes there is problems on this site. You also have to use Internet Explorer as any of the Mozilla bases browsers don't seem to work. If you are using IE and still have problems let me know and I will give you detailed instructions.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by badkins100 » Sun May 08, 2005 8:28 pm

Thanks for the reply. I see my photos now. I live on Dauphin Island Alabama which is about 30 miles south of Mobile. So I spend a lot of time at or in the water and my wife loves the nautical themes. The LF1 is a pretty neat system. I purchased it before they even started deploying them. I had a delivery date of 6 weeks after I ordered it. It was kinda steep at around 2 grand, but I've always believed that you get what you pay for. Well  being 55 years old, I miss the old school systems with the base and trebel knobs, or the graphis equalizer LED's but this thing rocks. You all know how Bose stands up to the test, well I have a buddy who has a nice Bose system and we were laying back in the recliners with the volume at max listening to music the other night and he kept looking at me like,,,,,,, holy crap,,, this is REAL. Pretty good with an 18 foot ceiling in my den I guess. Unlike the old systems of the 80's, if your neighbors can stand it, you can push the sound level to MAX and everyting is crisp and clear. It sounds so clean, I doubt if you can blow these speakers.  I guess this is why the on-screen adjustments are in dB and distances instead of numbers on a dial. I can run the cats out and it still don't hurt your ears. Really clear and crisp. I can crank up Dire Straits and each string plucked sounds like it is right here with me. Voices are as clear as they are singing in my ear. I bought it because of my high ceilings and my want for wireless speakers with good frequency response. Wow,, I got it. I have always liked loud clear music, but I have had people sit here with me and give me that old clockwise hand motion to get me to crank this baby up, just because it is so clean there seems to be no ear discomfort. It's much cleaner than a real concert at high wattage. Hope some others get the LF1 so we can talk. Mostly, I hope it gets good reviews and stands the test and proves to be a steadfast icon of Sony. I love it so far.
badkins100
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Sun May 08, 2005 10:49 pm

You are right about how effective the classic bass and treble controlls were. I have a Sony D 515 that used to make a passive Subwoofer that I had hooked up to it blow pictures off of the wall when the +10 dB @ 100 hz bass control and +8 dB @ 70 hz bass boost were activated.

Their modern digital equivalent just doesn't
have the same viceral impact.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Return to Home Theater Gallery