[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My New Qualia (SONY) HT set-up

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:01 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My New Qualia (SONY) HT set-up

My New Qualia (SONY) HT set-up

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by davemtp » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:55 am

Tony,

That is just Hilarious!  I spend way too much time in front of 'the set' as well!  It's good to speak with people I can relate with.

Dave
davemtp
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:27 am

Tony- The up side is that at least your wife knows exactly where you are, who you are with and what you are doing!

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by tfire » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:03 pm

She softens up on me when it's a program we both want to watch.

The last few days have been somewhat aggrivating... my cable company, Time Warner, was still in the stone age with cable boxes that feature built in DVR's. They originally gave me a first generation Scientific Atlanta 8000HD. I had problems with the first one booting up so they swapped it out with another one and it worked fine except that when it started to multi task, (ie; video in the buffer or dual simultanious recordings) the audio would get out of sync with the video.

Finally today they dropped off their newest generation 8300HD and it seems to handle the multi tasking much better. Plus it has more storage and the HDMI jacks I've been waiting for. It's a really good thing to have castors on the rack since I've been rolling it out so much.

Once directTV gets their new MPEG4 compression stuff online I'm thinking of switching out of cable. What's your source of choice?

Tony
tfire
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jehill » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:42 pm

I saw the KDS-70Q006 for the first time last night at our local Tweeters.  It sure is gorgeous, isn't it!  I see that you removed the left and right speakers.  What is the width without the speakers?
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Maxxwire » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:42 pm

With over 6 million 0.35 micrometer interspaced pixels in the display the picture must be dazzling. Does it look as good as film, or better?

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by tfire » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:15 am

Maxx

The picture detail is very fine...when you get a solid enough source. In watching dvd movies direct through the HDMI interfaces the video is quick and pixel free with fast moving video and explosions. The is picture is bright and not terribly harsh... with my unprofessional eye I think the quality is very filmlike. (but of course that could just be the $13k talking to me) (LOL)

When using my digital cable source there is sometimes some fine pixelation in fast moving video unless it is a full 1080i source. All full 1080i video is stunning in brightness and detail. 

One missing detail is that i don't have the ability to pick the color of sidebars on a 4:3 picture. It annoys me as they are sometimes black and sometimes gray. I'd prefer them all black. There is no option to change colors in either the TV or cable box. Plus the supplied remote sucks... pretty basic. It doesn't matter though as I am using a Universal MX-850 remote that suits my various components nicely.
tfire
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Maxxwire » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:20 am

It seems to me that by now Sony would have gotten the message that they need to improve their remotes, but I gues they haven't yet.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sun May 01, 2005 12:09 pm

I found a listing for the Qualia 006 (only $13,000)-

http://show.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/shm.pl?homevdeo&1113603803&item&Holm_audio&4&5&6&http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fs_srch.plQQANYAAAApurlsrchAAEXYAAst26AAAAsony

I guess they want us to email for details.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Previous

Return to Home Theater Gallery