[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My New Qualia (SONY) HT set-up

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:29 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My New Qualia (SONY) HT set-up

My New Qualia (SONY) HT set-up

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by tfire » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:22 am

Took delivery of my Qualia 006 last week and all I can say is WOW! What a picture! Blacks are really black and colors are vibrantly bright.

My new set up includes Integra's (Onkyo) 10.5 Reciever with built in Net Tune and Integra's 10.5 Universal DVD/SACD/MP3/CD player.

Cabinets were made for me by an Amish cabinet maker near where I live. (He doesn't know what these crazy things are for, but he builds them beautiful)

Speakers are Klipsch all around in a 7.2 configuration.

This thing ROCKS!
tfire
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by NiteHawk » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:41 am

Congradulations on your purchase of the Qualia 006. The rest of your equipment indicates you have a fine eye for top-shelf audio equipment, as well.

Since it appears that you are one of the first to comment on an actual purchase of this beast, it is now expected of you to update the rest of us with respect to how it performs.

I wish you luck and hope that your experience with the full power of HD is a pleasant one.  Good Luck.    

NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maxxwire » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:59 pm

tfire- Would it be possible for you to share some pictures of your equipment with us?

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by NiteHawk » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:53 pm

Hey Maxx.......My latest edition of Sound & Vision just arrived and quess who's the featured article for this month front cover?

I know that it's not on the same level as The Perfect Vision, but then again, this is probably as close as I'm going to get to the Qualia 006. 
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Maggiefan » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:12 pm

We have got to have pics of this, I'm very eager to see that system, especialy that custom built Amish cabinet.
Maggiefan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by tfire » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:03 pm

Thanks guys...I'm currently out of town on business. I thought I had posted a picture before I left ( I even reviewed my post on my home PC and the picture displayed fine) but now when I check from my laptop all I see is the dredded red X. I need to take more time and read up on the posting instructions before trying again. I'll be happy to post my experiences with the 006 as I accumulate some more time with the unit. So far my only gripe is that the OTA antenna does not include a signal strenght meter. I had to rig a borrowed OTA receiver and 17" flat HDTV to gauge best antenna aiming.

The HDMI connectors are simple to connect and work perfectly. Plus there are enough inputs on the back of the unit to run multiple connection types. (2) HDMI (2) Component (2) S Video and (1) DVI. Then of course, the cable and OTA in jacks. I'm not using the cable card option because of it's limited capabilities (no movies on demand, no two way communication, no on screen TV guides) I'm just using a Scientific Atlanta 8000HD cable box with built in HD DVR.

I'll probably switch to Direct TV when they finally make the switch to their new MPEG 4 compression algorithims.

So far though all I can say is... this thing ROCKS!

I'll re-post that picture or put up a link when I get back home on Wed.

Later,

Tony
tfire
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Maggiefan » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:16 am

Sure will be looking forward to those pics Tony. Doesn't the TV have a signal strength reading in the menu somewhere? I know some other models with the built in digital tuner do show that reading. Be sure and put up a pic of the cabinet you had made, I'll bet it's a beauty...
Maggiefan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:49 pm

tfire,

I also anxciously await seeing your pictures. I noticed the red "X" in your first post. The problem with the picture not showing up here is that the picture is on your "C" drive under Documents and Settings/Tony Rxxxxx/Desktop/New Photos. This will allow you to view the picture from that computer but the picture has to be hosted on line and a link provided to the URL where the picture is hosted. You can try uploading the picture for Agoraquest to host and point a link to it.
If you have any questions on how to upload a picture to Agoraquest or need someone to host and post the picture for you I would be happy to help.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by tfire » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:52 pm

Sorry about the bad picture post guys... lets try this again...man I am such a newbie!

Here's a link, I hope this works...

Tony

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2127875368&idx=1
tfire
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jttar » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:31 pm

tfire,

The link that you provided works but you have to sign in to view the photos. I did however see the one cover picture of your Qualia 006 and the cabinet that houses it. From floor to ceiling it is "drop dead" gorgeous!! Are there any more pictures in the gallery that we are missing? We would love to see more if there are. Thanks for sharing with us.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery