[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My first HT set up!What needs to be added?

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:51 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My first HT set up!What needs to be added?

My first HT set up!What needs to be added?

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:48 pm

I like your Einstein quote.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:52 pm

Brae,

Congrats on all of your fine purchases. You have certainly done your footwork in finding some fantastic deals. This will be quite the system especially for your first HT setup. Best of luck with your new HT and your new house. If and when you are able, I would love to see some pictures.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:56 pm

I see that you bought the DA 1000ES for $383(?). What a great deal! Let us know how you like it once it arrives.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Braehole » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:48 pm

I promise to post lots of pics after I get it all set up.You guys helped me more then anyone else and I spent a month looking around on the internet and talking to people at stores here in town.I was very lucky to find you guys,jttar you and max are very cool  and everyone here is really lucky to have such knowledgeable guys answering all their questions.I'll post pics in about two to three weeks and try to help people on this forum as you guy have done such a good job doing.

Later Brae
Braehole
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:07 pm

On 2005-02-18 18:48, Braehole wrote:
 I promise to post lots of pics after I get it all set up. I'll post pics in about two to three weeks and try to help people on this forum as you guy have done such a good job doing.

Later Brae

Brae,

We're going to hold you to that promise.  Glad to have you as part of the forum and look forward to your pictures and participation. Regards.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:04 pm

Brae- Einstein also once said "If you can't explain it simply, you do not know it well enough".

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Zman » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:10 am

Looks like you have a great system. I will make one suggestion though. Get a Harmony remote. I got one (676 I think) after buying my Wega. The wife and kids love it. It makes watching TV and moving to various inputs so simple.

Hope you enjoy your new setup.
Zman
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Braehole » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:02 pm

Well I've received all most everything.The TV came in a HUGE box but it only wieghs 110 pounds.All my tower speakers will come Monday along with my receiver and DVD player.It looks like I'm going to spend about 500 bucks on just wires and cable.Man thats crazy.........
DVI to HDMI 50 bucks
4 Component cables 40 x 4 = 160
3 Digital Optical Cables about 35 x 3 = 105
500 ft Genesis Audacious Sound Cable 150
6ft Subwoofer RCA Audio Cable = 20
3 12ft Stereo RCA Audio Cable 25 x 3 = 75
damn it........lol
later guys

Braehole
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:26 pm

Brae- Buying good quality interconnects is always a good investment because not only can they make or break the sound and video quality, but they don't wear out and they typically outlast the equipment that they are used with.

BTW what Digital Optical Toslink interconnects are you getting?

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jehill » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:51 am

Braehole-
This links to the pictures that you posted initially don't appear to work anymore.  What happened?
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery