[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My first HT set up!What needs to be added?

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:29 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My first HT set up!What needs to be added?

My first HT set up!What needs to be added?

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Braehole » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:01 pm

I bought everything for 4,266.44 and the list is at the bottom of the page.That's less then if I just bought the TV at BestBuy

Ok I'm buying the TV and surround sound this week and will have full pics in March after I get it all dialed.What can i add to my set up to make it better?amp?naked chicks?what?

roperty="width:module-width">

60” Grand WEGA™ LCD Rear Projection HDTV

KDF-60WF655

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KDF60WF655&CategoryName=tv_ProjectionTVs_RearProjection_55to70TVs&DCMP=OVERTUREPI_DF&HQS=TV_KDF60WF655&HQS=KDF60WF655

STR-DA1000ES

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=STRDA1000ES&Dept=hav&CategoryName=hav_esshowcase_av#specs

MF750H Floor Standing Speakers

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_ParametricSearch-Start?search_keyword=SS-MF750H+&selected_category_name=None&SearchAll.x=9&SearchAll.y=5

Sony's SA-WM500 150 Watt Active Subwoofer

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=SAWM500&Dept=hav&CategoryName=hav_HiFiComponents_Speakers

Sony’s SS-CN550H Center Channel Speaker

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=SSCN550H

Motorola High-Definition Cable Receiver DCT6200

http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/dct6200/default.asp
Genesis
Audacious Sound Cable
Designed for ultimate audio satisfaction by combining a high strand count with oxygen free copper conductors. Twisted bare copper conductors. UL, CM, CL3 rating. Genelene insulation is super flexible with sequential foot markings.
http://www.tselectronic.com/genesis/audacious.html

Light Green

500 ft

$123.55

XBOX AND PS2 Everyone know what these are so I don't think I need a link.....

Infrared Cordless® Digital Surround Headphone System

MDR-DS8000 (for night night gaming so the wife can sleep)They work great but I do want to get true surround sound cordless headphone when they make them at a afortable price.

Any info good or bad on all this stuff,I would like to hear.If anyone has any of these I would love to hear from you!

Braehole
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by davemtp » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:24 am

Just a small beverage refrigerator and I think you're there!  It looks very promising!  Good luck and please post after you are up and running!
davemtp
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:47 am

I would suggest taking the $$$ you had alocated for the naked chicks and put it towards upgrading to a DA 1000ES Receiver. Not only does it have a 5 year warranty, but at least it will still be there when you wake up in the morning.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:32 pm

On 2005-02-15 02:01, Braehole wrote:
 I'm thinking about buying a DVD player because my XBOX is only 480i so I'm looking at the Denon DVD-1910 but do I have to hook it up with DVI to get 720p or will it get 720p with the component cable?

Braehole,

Can't wait to see your Sony setup after you get it set up and tweaked. You don't have to use the DVI connection, component cables will give you 720p as well. Maxx's suggestion is more practical, still the naked chicks sound pretty enticing.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Braehole » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:10 pm

I'm loving this site guys.lol.You guys are great.I'll check out the DA 1000ES receiver and see if I can aford it.My wife was alittle pissed about the girls anyway......I can't wait to show you guys my set up

The only source of knowledge is experience.
Albert Einstein

Braehole
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:02 pm

The DA 1000ES lists for $100 more than the DE 997-

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mnrwpdNhcKs/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=158STRDA1K&search=sony+tr+da+1000es

If you can convince the girls that they can get by with just $100 less then you can have a nice ES grade Receiver for your Home Theater as well as Home Entertainment.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Braehole » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:08 pm

Man Max thanks for the info.I love the STR-DA1000ES receiver and I'm going to get it.Thats why I'm at this forum.
Braehole
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by aeroblazer » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:47 am

Braehole, go to www.oade.com. They're an official Sony dealer in Georgia. I bought my STR-DA2000ES (at the prodding of some of these forum members--namely Maxx and Toli) from Oade in July-August for way less than even Crutchfield.

Crutchfield has excellent service and warranty, but I just wanted to plug the Oade Brothers' service and price. They're definitely worth checking out. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a 1000ES for the same price as Crutchfield was selling a DE997--Might even encourage you to upgrade to the digital amplifier!
aeroblazer
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Braehole » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:59 pm

Ok I bought the TV and the whole home theater set up for 4,266.44 TOTAL.That's less then if I just bought the TV at BestBuy(they wanted 4400.00 total for the TV)I picked the MF750H speakers because of consumer reports testing said they were great sound at a cheap price.This is my first HT set up going into my new house on the first.

KDF-60WF655
2849.00 total From inoax.com 1-800-842-1195
200.00 for 5 year ex warr I will get later this year

Sony 700 Watt A/V Receiver (thanks Max)
STR-DA1000ES
382.91 total pricesrite.com

Sony SS-MF750H Floor Standing Speakers
570.00 total for 6(3 pair) http://www.kekambas.com/ssmf750h.html
866-883-4348

144.98 total from pricegrabber.com ,panwebi.com (I payed 10.00 bucks to much by going through pricegrabber.com storefront.Should have went to panwebi.com for lesser price)

87.65 total bhphotovideo.com 1-800-606-6969

=4,266.44

I will let everyone know if I have any problems buying everything from different places.I payed with my visa debit card and the only problem I had with that was I can only send 3000.00 dollars every 24 hours so they can't charge my TV till tomorrow or the next day.
Braehole
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Braehole » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:04 pm

Ok I bought the TV and the whole home theater set up for 4,266.44 TOTAL.That's less then if I just bought the TV at BestBuy(they wanted 4400.00 total for the TV)I picked the MF750H speakers because of consumer reports testing said they were great sound at a cheap price.This is my first HT set up going into my new house on the first.

KDF-60WF655

http://www.inoax.com/vi-9219__Yahoo__shipping__.html

2849.00 total free shipping, From inoax.com 1-800-842-1195

200.00 for 5 year ex warr I will get later this year

Sony 700 Watt A/V Receiver (thanks Max)

STR-DA1000ES http://store.yahoo.com/pricesrite/strda1000es.html

382.91 total pricesrite.com

Sony SS-MF750H Floor Standing Speakers

570.00 total for 6(3 pair) http://www.kekambas.com/ssmf750h.html

866-883-4348

144.98 total from pricegrabber.com ,panwebi.com (I payed 10.00 bucks to much by going through pricegrabber.com storefront.Should have went to panwebi.com for lesser price)

http://panwebi.com/search.asp?q=SA-WM500+&rpp=25&submit.x=13&submit.y=7

87.65 total bhphotovideo.com 1-800-606-6969

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?ci=1&sb=ps&pn=1&sq=desc&InitialSearch=yes&O=SearchBar&A=search&Q=*&shs=SS-CN550H+

=4,266.44

The only problem I had was hidden fee's on the TV so make sure you call before buying.I went with a free shipping company.
I will let everyone know if I have any problems buying everything from different places.I payed with my visa debit card and the only problem I had with that was I can only send 3000.00 dollars every 24 hours so they can't charge my TV till tomorrow or the next day.

The only source of knowledge is experience.
Albert Einstein

A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1996!...I'm only 28.

Braehole
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery