[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - boulderskies Sony HD Fireplace w/SONY KDF-55XS955

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:55 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - boulderskies Sony HD Fireplace w/SONY KDF-55XS955

boulderskies Sony HD Fireplace w/SONY KDF-55XS955

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by BassHog » Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:58 pm

Scott,

You have a very nice setup. I have always liked the looks of those Def Tech speakers. Do they sound as good a they look?

BassHog

BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:34 pm

On 2005-01-07 11:36, boulderskies wrote:

Joe,

Thanks for posting the updated pics and for your positive comments.

S.

Glad to help Scott.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by boulderskies » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:56 am

Thanks for your positive comments - they're very much appreciated.

I bought the Def Techs for their size and appearance mainly. As you can tell, I didnt have a whole lot of room for boxy speakers.

They're still in their break-in period so I really havent rocked them yet but so far, they seem to sound good. I dont have a feel for their low end yet though so that kinda remains to be seen. But for a home theatre application, they are very satisfactory.

As I had said in other threads here, I am using the 2nd Zone feature on my STR-DE997 to run digital cable music to a pair of small Klipschs and that is also working out very well.
boulderskies
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:36 am

What model Klipsch speakers are you using in your 2nd system?

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by ElevatedSound7 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:59 am

That is one sexy looking HT Scott.  Kudos. 

P.S.  I want that TV!!!!

Alex
ElevatedSound7
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by johndoe1999 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:43 pm

does your gas fireplace get really hot and does it affect the tv since its pretty close?   I have a gas fireplace at home and anything within 4 feet of it gets pretty toasty.  Just curious.
johndoe1999
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Sonylover01 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:47 pm

Scott, what receiver do you use?
Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:05 pm

He's using a Sony STR DE997B Receiver.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by boulderskies » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:18 pm

Wow. My post is still going strong! I've been "off the air" for awhile and am surprised to see my post still getting responses.

ElevatedSound-Thanks for the positive remarks!

JohnDoe1999-Yeah, the fireplace gets hot, and the edges of the speaker get warm sometimes, but not real warm. So, I think I'm OK.

After living with this set up for six months or so, I am now quite at ease with it. For regular TV viewing,I dont fire up the receiver/speakers - I just use the TV's internal sound, which is actually quite good. For DVDs and music, naturally the SONY and DefTechs get turned on and usually rise to the occaision.

Again, thanks for all the hits on my pics.

S.
boulderskies
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:55 pm

Scott,

I was wondering where you disappeared to. Good to see you back on the forum. Always good to see a boulderskies post.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery