[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My Small Living Room/HT

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:40 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My Small Living Room/HT

My Small Living Room/HT

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:11 pm

BassHog- I guess it takes one to know one!

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by ElevatedSound7 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:56 am

Hello peeps,

BassHog your HT is superb.  I love the 555es and 5000es combo.  Also the Kappas.  Your the man bro.

I'm going to post a pic of my HT system soon.  But I want to get the 5000es first. 

Damn your system is sweet. Damn.

Alex
ElevatedSound7
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by BassHog » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:48 pm

Thanks Alex, I appreciate the comments. I will also look forward to seeing pictures of your system. From the looks of your equipment list, you already have some great gear.

BassHog

BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by stratusg » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:35 pm

Awesome system. I'm wondering though if the couch, table, other chair, the placement of the ctr speaker and/or the direction/placement of the rear right speaker get in the way of enhancing your sound even more.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure your sound far exceeds my playschool system, just wondering what the experts thought?

I've heard proper placement of your gear makes a big difference.  I'm sure that would include obstacles that could hinder, reflect and absorb sound.

Oh, and btw, I do envy your gear!

My humble system:
rcvr=sony str-de997
fr,ctr,srbk=yamaha ns-a200x
surr=klipsch ss.5
dvd=sony dvp-s5300
vcr(it's for the kids)=sony slv-n51
motorola cable dual tuner dvr
not able to afford a real tv yet= sanyo 27

stratusg
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by BassHog » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:18 pm

On 2005-01-14 20:35, stratusg wrote:
Awesome system. I'm wondering though if the couch, table, other chair, the placement of the ctr speaker and/or the direction/placement of the rear right speaker get in the way of enhancing your sound even more.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure your sound far exceeds my playschool system, just wondering what the experts thought?

I've heard proper placement of your gear makes a big difference.  I'm sure that would include obstacles that could hinder, reflect and absorb sound.

Oh, and btw, I do envy your gear!

Thanks stratusg. You ask a good question. The answer is that I'm sure I could get some degree of improvement in sound were it not for those obsticles that you mentioned. But that is the dilemma you have when you try to integrate a home theater into your living room. Everything is a compromise. That is the advantage of a dedicated theater. You have much more design freedom.

Having said that, in my case I think any improvement in sound would be very slight. My room is small enough that speaker placement is less critical. In other words the sound is huge everywhere in the room.

BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by thegooded » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:09 pm

Hey BassHog--

Well, I have to agree (with the vast majority of posters, anyway) that you have a pretty solid looking setup. Just a couple of questions:

-Your AV cabinet looks to be one of Salamander Design's Synergy Triple 20 models. How happy are you with the design? Did it go together easily? I've been giving serious thought to the Triple 30 and wouldn't mind some feedback on the brand's quality (sadly there's no showroom for their products in my area).

-I'm replacing a bogus 40" XBR Wega in the near future, and have been giving serious thought to Sony's Grand Wega rear projectors. I'll probably go with a 55" screen size. Do you know offhand what all the differences are between the standard 55" and the sets from the XS line? I know some extra options were added to the XS' video menu, but am having a hard time getting information on exactly what those new settings are.

Anyways, thanks for the time, and enjoy your theater!

thegooded
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:03 pm

thegooded,

Check out THIS thread for the comparrison of the KDF-55WF655 and the KDF-55XS955.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by BassHog » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:39 am

Thanks thegooded,

I see that jttar has given you a link to a good discussion on the differences in the GWIV models. As for the stand, you are correct, it is the Salamander Triple 20. I am extremely pleased with my Salamander. It provides everything I need from a TV stand. It's very sturdy and well made, and it is very attractive.

It was fairly easy to assemble and they provide all the tools you need. The only advice I would give about assembly is that when you purchase accessories for the stand, such as doors, side panels, casters, etc., they each come with their own instructions. You need to read all of the instructions for each item before starting so that you can coordinate the order in which things are put together. Other than that you should have no problems. Of course the one downside to the Salamander is the cost. It is not cheap, but I do feel you get what you pay for. If there is a tweeter store near you, they carry Salamander products and at times they go on sale for significant discounts, up to 25% off. Good luck.

BassHog

BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Braehole » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:45 pm

Nice set up BassHog!!I bet you wish the room was bigger huh.....but then again we all do.Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Braehole
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by BassHog » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:17 am

Thanks Braehole,

You are right. It would be nice to have a bigger space. Even better would be a dedicated space. I'm hoping my next home will provide more room to play with. As a matter of fact I have a pair of Kappa surrounds to add to my system (making it 7 channel), if I am ever able to move to a bigger place.

BassHog

BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery