[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My Small Living Room/HT

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:17 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My Small Living Room/HT

My Small Living Room/HT

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:21 pm

Its hard to tell. Sometimes split personality posters will defend each other, but I've seen cases where they will argue with each other to stir up controversy in an effort to garner support for one of their identities. At least that's how twisted it can get over at AR.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by BassHog » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:01 pm

Norey,

If you don't like what you see, then move on. No one is forcing you to look at my horrible pictures.

Boulderskies,

Thanks for the complement on the table lamps. Palm trees are a favorite of mine. If I am ever able to build my dream home, it will look like a tropical paradise.
BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:20 pm

I have only been around Agoraquest about a year and don't have much experience with forums, as this is the first forum I have been a part of. But it seems to me that all the attention given to this person(s) is counterproductive. In my opinion, based on what I have seen, the best way to handle a situation like this is not to give this type of person(s) so much attention as that is thier goal. It appears to me the best way is to completely ignore him(them) unless they have something positive to contribute. Just my $0.02, thanks for listening.  
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:58 pm

I have been part of many different forums for many years and have seen this kind of behavior countless times. boulderskies is right on target and a quick check by Claudio would probably show that RedCamel and Norey have the same IP address. I have long given up on what these people get out of "trolling" but this will be the last attention this particular troll will receive from me.

Joe 
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:32 pm

From what I've seen on the Audio Forums that I belong to dealing with a Troll is like dealing with a hum in one of your speakers since ignoring the problem won't make it go away the problem must be dealt with in a manner that will discourage such behavior.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by boulderskies » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:12 am

One of the reasons this forum is so great is that it provides a way for intelligent, informed people to disagree and still be right. Not too many places where that can happen.

I'm with jttar on this. An IP address check would probably blow their cover and they'd probably move on to greener pastures.

S.
boulderskies
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by robncindi » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:44 am

Basshog, very nice system! Do you have any overheating issues with the 5000ES inside the cabinet? I only ask because I plan on getting a 2000ES pretty soon and have a simiar space for it.

I also like those lamps a lot! I hope my wife doesn't see them or else I'll be out looking in every lighting store in Texas til I find matching ones

Rob
robncindi
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by BassHog » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:17 pm

Thanks Rob. No I don't have any overheating problems. One of the nice things about the new digital receivers is that they run much cooler than the analog versions. However, even if I was using a receiver with analog amps, I don't think I would have a problem. My cabinet gets pretty good ventilation because the doors have perforated metal panels in them. Also, I didn't install the back panel to the cabinet so that I could easily access the components and that helps ventilation too.

BassHog
BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:10 pm

BassHog- Only a confirmed Gear Head would purposely leave the back pannel off of the equipment rack so that he could have frequent and ready access to the equipment! Way to think ahead.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by BassHog » Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:53 am

You got it Maxx. Coming from a supreme Gear Head, I'll take that as a compliment.
BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery