[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My Small Living Room/HT

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My Small Living Room/HT

My Small Living Room/HT

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by jttar » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:48 pm

BassHog,

That was sixty dollars well spent and the results show it. Not to mention, no worry about the wires under the carpet.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by BassHog » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:43 am

On 2004-12-27 22:48, jttar wrote:
BassHog,

That was sixty dollars well spent and the results show it. Not to mention, no worry about the wires under the carpet.

Joe

Thanks jttar. You're right about that. That was one of the best investments I've made in my system.
BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by boulderskies » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:48 am

Red Camel,
Get a life, man.

Basshog,
I too paid an electrician friend of mine $60 to replace some crappy speaker wire with some 14 ga. high-grade wire and we ran up the wall and into the attic for the surrounds and patio speakers. Its really the only way to completely conceal the wire.

And yeah, money well spent!

I will take some updated pics this weekend and post them, including the surrounds and new Def Tech fronts.

Re: the GrandWega- In February I plan on paying a technician to professionally calibrate it. Its pretty expensive but from what I've read really dials in the PQ.

Scott
boulderskies
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by BassHog » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:53 pm

On 2004-12-28 09:48, boulderskies wrote:

Re: the GrandWega- In February I plan on paying a technician to professionally calibrate it. Its pretty expensive but from what I've read really dials in the PQ.

Scott

I'll be interested in hearing how the calibration turns out. I have a couple of calibration disks (AVIA and DVE), but I haven't taken the time to try and use them yet. That's on my to do list for the near future. I look forward to seeing your new pictures.

BassHog
BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by boulderskies » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:36 am

BassHog,

I've used the Sound and Vision calibration DVD and I'm not impressed. The audio portions are pretty neat but the video test patterns are pretty much useless unless someone knows how to access the service menu of their TV. Luckily with our sets, we have a bit more control over colors though, so that's a plus...
boulderskies
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by boulderskies » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:38 am

BassHog,

One other comment:
I know this is an A/V forum, but I really like your table lamps. Cool theme.

S.
boulderskies
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Norey » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:12 am

Hello everybody... This is my first official post. Now, that does not mean that I've never been on this forum before. I've been reading a lot of posts on this forum for the past year. After reading this post I was so frustrated by the lies and deceit that come from some of these members.
Now, my mother taught me that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. Red Camel I applaud you. You did not lie as the rest of these members. They could've commented on his equipment but to go as far as to say, and i quote jttar: "You have a beautiful room and setup", and davemtp: "Very nice looking room!"... what was that?
Red Camel, you did come off a little harsh, hence the "if you can't say anything nice...." but that doesn't mean the rest of you can lie to the poor guy and tell him he has a beautiful room. Since this is a A/V forum, lets just stick to the equipment, unless someone has invested in a theatre setup, as others have, then by all means feel free to tell them how "beautiful" it looks.

Thanks for reading a girls opinion on the subject.

P.S vacuum and dustmop will do wonders......
Norey
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by boulderskies » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:31 am

Norey,

Let me be the first to respond.

On behalf of myself and the other members of this forum who take the time to honestly and positively comment on other members' equipment and setup, your input is insulting.

It seems you dont heed your mother's advice - you just quote it.

Perhaps there is a forum dedicated to homemaking where your input would be more constructive. 
boulderskies
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Maxxwire » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:58 am

Norey- I realize that this was your first post, but to use it to call several of the other Members liars does not create a ver good first impression.

I have studied the pictures that BassHog posted of his A/V system thru a 533M hz Alchemy VPG VRE v1.0 with Transparent High Resolution Video interconnect to my Sony PVM 2530 Professional Video Monitor which has a fine pitch Super Trinitron Tube just like the ones George Lucas used to render the latest Star Wars Movies on in the Video editing bays at Skywalker Ranch and from 1' away using 2X magnification I still can not see any of the horrible filth in BassHogs setup that you and Redcamel are supposed to be seeing.

I'm sorry, but I myself would be a liar if I were to say that I saw a mess when I didn't.

I have seen Members post pictures that were very messy, but as a Gear Head all I'm interested in is the equipment anyway!

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by boulderskies » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:21 am

Could it be that Norey and RedCamel are one and the same?

S.
boulderskies
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery