[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My Small Living Room/HT

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:24 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My Small Living Room/HT

My Small Living Room/HT

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by BassHog » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:36 pm

Hello,

I thought I would post a few pictures of my living room home theater. My living room is rather small, but I like the cozy atmosphere it creates for my home theater.

My Setup:
Television: Sony KDF-60XS955 - the latest addition to my system and I have enjoyed it tremendously.

Speakers: Inifinity Kappa 600's for the mains, Kappa Center, Kappa 200's for surrounds, and dual Infinity Intermezzo 1.2s subwoofers. This is a fantastic speaker system. Equally adept at music and movies. All of the speakers were purchased at close-out prices and are a true bargain.

Electronics: Sony STR-DA5000ES receiver and Sony DVP-NC555ES DVD player. - Excellent sound and build quality.

BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maggiefan » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:36 pm

Very nice system you have put together there. You've done a great job in a small space. I'm sure you'll receive many compliments on it.
Maggiefan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by jttar » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:45 pm

BassHog,

You have a beautiful room and setup. I know that your KDF-60XS955 looks as good as your STR-DA5000ES sounds. There surely is no shortage of sound in the room with those Infinity's surrounding you. The wood stand blends well with your room and the silver front panels tie in your components and TV nicely. Thanks for sharing with us.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by BassHog » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:10 pm

Thanks Guys,

I really enjoy looking at other people's systems, so I am glad to have the chance to show mine.

BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by davemtp » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:01 pm

BassHog,

Very nice looking room!  Do you have HD yet?  Are you running cable or satellite? 

I really like the look of those Infinities.  That wood looks sharp. 

Show us a pic again in about three months, I think that chair straight out from the TV will have a noticable depression in the seat! 

Enjoy!  Thanks for the post! 

davemtp
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:55 pm

BassHog- You have done an excellent job of setting up a very classy A/V system!

Does the DA 5000ES make your Infinity Kappa speakers sound as great as they look?

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by BassHog » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:07 pm

davemtp,

My cable company doesn't offer HD in my area yet. They've promised that in about six months we'll have it. In the mean time I have an attic antenna for receiving OTA HD from my local stations. I will say though that the 60XS955 handles analog cable signals surprisingly well. And you are right about the chair. That is definitely the "sweet spot".

Maxx,

The 5000ES works extremely well with the Kappas. I've had this combination for about a year now, and I still get a thrill everytime I listen to them. I normally listen to music with 2 channels only and the 600's provide a wonderful full range soundstage. For movies the whole system is just spectacular. I am very satisfied with my system.
BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:12 pm

BassHog- Nice setup, you made great use of a limited amount of space. I really like those Inifinity Kappas, I bet they sound as good as they look, connected to your STR-DA5000ES.
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by RedCamel » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:25 pm

Nice system. But, for someone that can afford such nice equipment you should invest in something we call a vacuum.
DAMN, clean up and repost.
RedCamel
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by BassHog » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:19 pm

On 2004-12-18 16:25, RedCamel wrote:
Nice system. But, for someone that can afford such nice equipment you should invest in something we call a vacuum.
DAMN, clean up and repost.

Is that so. We'll "we" can kiss my a$$, you rude SOB. If that is all you have to say, you can keep your comments to yourself. I'll clean up when I damn well get ready to. Who are you Martha Stewart?

BassHog
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery