[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - MKAH Home Theater System

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:01 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - MKAH Home Theater System

MKAH Home Theater System

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by jttar » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:33 pm

The entertainment system was build by me and my grandfather.  It is constructed of solid alder and is very heavy.

The components are as follows:

Sony STR-DE-995 surround receiver
Sony KV32S15 Television
Sony DVP NS725P DVD player
Sony SLV-778HF VHS
Yamaha CDC-615 CD Player
Front = Klipsch KG-4's (25 years old and sound excellent)

Center = Klipsch SCW-5
Sub = Velodyne DLS 3500
Rear = None yet (I “will” get Klipsch in Ceiling speakers)

jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by jttar » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:48 pm

Just so there is no confusion, these pictures and description belong to forum member MKAH. I am just helping them to share with all.

MKAH,

May I be the first to say what a gorgeous piece of furniture. You must have many good memories of the time you and your Grandfather spent on this project. You have a fantastic looking system and the hours of time you have spent putting it together show in the great detail. I'll bet those Klipsh's DO sound great. Thank you for letting us look in.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:04 pm

WoW! Now there is a unique and very functional entertainment system. Your eqiupment will be mass loaded just by placing it in this wonderful hand crafted piece of woodwork in Alder and this should have a very beneficial impact in the sound of your entire Audio system.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maggiefan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:06 am

You've done a fine job on that cabinet indeed. Very nice looking system.
Maggiefan
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Craig_Nike » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:06 am

Nice cabinet, hand made thats cool.
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Toli » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:56 am

MKAH- That is a great looking entertainment center, I wish I had the talent to build something like that, great job!

jttar- That was nice of you to help MKAH with the pictures.
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:15 am

I have several pieces of solid oak furniture with walnut trim that my Dad built for me years ago and treasure it as I'm sure you do this fine piece.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by MKAH » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:25 pm

I appreciate everyone’s nice comments.

My brother Steve is actually responsible for getting me involved in decent surround sound. That is (other than just a two channel amp and two speakers that I used to have).

Sometime this holiday season, I will enlist his "expert" assistance in convincing my wife, just how important rear surround speakers really are and how they will undoubtedly improve the quality of our movie viewing experience.

Mark
Redding California
MKAH
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:16 pm

Just as sure as Mt. Shasta will be covered with snow on Christmas, so Dolby Digital processing and rear channel surround speakers will add a whole new three dimentional aspect to your Movie viewing.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by MKAH » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:04 pm

Update,

I have just installed Klipsch SW-3 surround speakers in the ceiling. They sounf fantastic. When I get arround to taking some pic's I will surely post them.

Mark
MKAH
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery