[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My plasma setup

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:11 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My plasma setup

My plasma setup

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by joekim » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:38 pm

Just recently installed my plasma...
>
sorry about the mess everywhere. The wires are still showing because I have to move everything soon so our baseboards can be installed.
The equipment:
TV: SONY KE-50XS910
RECEIVER: DENON AVR-4800
AMP: ROTEL RB-1080
DVD PLAYER: DENON DVD-2200
SPEAKERS: B&W NAUTILUS 805'S & HTM-2 and four silver LM1'S
Velodyne HGS-15 and Sony model number???
The Sony sub is only for just when the TV is on. The TV actually sounds quite decent and there is a subwoofer output on the TV and I had the Sony sub laying around, so I decided to hook it up with positive results. I don't like turning everything on just to watch the news or a sitcom. Comments are welcome.

UPDATED PICS ON PAGE 2

joekim
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Maxxwire » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:59 pm

Great first post! I can tell that you care a great deal about the quality of both your Video and Audio playback quality.

With those nice hardwood floors are you using any type of room treatments to tame the room reflections to prevent echo and time smear?

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by joekim » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:50 am

Maxx, the room is actually still bare.  We moved in about 2 months ago, but we completely gutted the house.  The room in the picture is our living room and I don't think my girlfriend would go for any real acoustic room treatment.  We plan on getting a big rug.  The windows will have plantation shutters and not drapes.  Could you recommend anything else that isn't too obtrusive.  Thanks for the reply.

joe
joekim
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by TonyTiger » Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:36 pm

I love it!  You got the 50 inch XS910.  It wouldn't fit in my cabinet.  Great job.
We used some fabric coated vertical blinds to help tame the sound and light.
TonyTiger
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by joekim » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:34 pm

Thanks for the kind words Tonytiger.

joe
joekim
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jttar » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:37 pm

joekim,

Fantastic set up. I can understand your desire to showcase it even before the room is finished. Also, great use of that extra Sony sub. Thanks for the look-in.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:50 pm

A big rug would certainly be an improvement. You don't need a whole lot of room treatments to diffuse the sound enough so that the room reflections don't create time smear and cause you to loose the fine resolution that your excellent equipment set is capable of providing.

Any kind of decorative tapestries, paintings, stuffed furniture or even shelves filled with books will act as sound diffusors. You don't have to go for totaly anechioc. Anything that will help cut down the echo in the room will be effective.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by joekim » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:35 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

joe
joekim
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by Maxxwire » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:35 am

No problem. Its just that you have a great Audio system and acoustics are vital to getting the best performance out of it.

If your Audio system was like a sundae then accoustic treatments would be the toppings that give it its distinctive flavor.

I know I can literaly move the center of my Audio system's soundstage by manipulating the room treatments not to mention the effect it has on the attack transients, decay ambients, venue ambiance and the crispness of the detail rendering.

I wish you well in this department. Small decoratively tasteful improvements can go a long way to improving your acoustic environment and your listening enjoyment.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Craig_Nike » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:46 pm

Great looking set up - like the look of your speakers.

Dont know from the pic if you can get any more width out of them, but sometimes it is worth the try to have your fronts spread out quite wide.

Thanks for showing us your system.
Craig_Nike
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Next

Return to Home Theater Gallery