[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - My Sony System (soon to have pics

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:15 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - My Sony System (soon to have pics

My Sony System (soon to have pics

Section where you can upload your Home Theater pictures and discuss them with other members.

Moderator: jttar

by jttar » Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:51 pm

Travis,

The pictures were worth the wait. I know that it is hard to place those rear speakers in your room but if you could somehow manage to get them off the floor I'll bet you will notice a huge difference in the sound field. Adding a small sub woofer when you can afford it would also make a dynamic difference. You probably shake the room with your setup. As I mentioned to you before, a real good start especially for your age. You have a right to be proud. Thanks for sharing your setup with us.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:24 pm

Even a small powered Subwoofer would make a difference because you would have those <80 hz sub-bass frequencies covered.

-Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Sonylover01 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:56 pm

Yeah, but they are S00 expensive here
~$200 CAN....
Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Toli » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:00 pm

Sonylover01- If you are interested, I found this KLH subwoofer for $99.99 at Radio Shack-Canada. This sub might hold you over for a while:

http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&product=4017175&category=Book+Shelf+Speakers&catalog=RadioShack
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:45 pm

Back in 1995 when I was running my Sony D 515 Pro Logic Receiver which had no subwoofer line level output I took a couple of 12" speakers and mounted them in an old speaker box. After putting an air tight partition between the speakers I installed a low frequency crossover and ran the passive subwoofer off of the speaker B outputs of the D 515. Since the D 515 only has 20w rear channels it balanced things out quite nicely.

Eventualy I built a 4 channel powered subwoofer, but the passive subwoofer was fun to build and got me thru those early years.

I'm not suggesting that you employ this particular solution, but I am suggesting that this hobby offers many opportunities to excercise your ability to come up with creative solutions.

_Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Sonylover01 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:19 pm

Hi all, it's been a LONG time since i've been here, huh?

I was wondering if anyone knew what the model numbers were for the '90 receivers with the DSP modes like Aoustic, Theatre, Hall, etc. We used to have one here but one day, the PROTECTION circuit came on and we couldnt fix it. Does anyone know what the model might have been? thanks.
Trav.
Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:13 am

I just received a call from a fellow who owns one if these vintage Sony Receivers and I'll check out the model number for you.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Sonylover01 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:07 pm

Awesome!
Thanks!
Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Sonylover01 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:42 pm

Were you able to get the model number of that receiver?
Sonylover01
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by Maxxwire » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:49 am

Unfortunately the fellow never returned my call, but I have worked on his Audio system several times and to my best recollection the Receiver is a Sony D 965 and it has the DSP modes that you are looking for.

__Maxx

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Home Theater Gallery